Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zamknięty i zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Zablokowane Zarchiwizowany

About whether Thunderbird supports OAuth 2.0 authentication method to be launched by exchange mailbox

SuMo Bot

Hello, Thunderbird engineers, I have some questions to ask.

     Recently, we learned from exchange that they will not support POP, SMTP and other basic authentication methods and will use OAuth 2.0 instead. I saw that Thunderbird supports OAuth 2.0 of Gmail in the help forum. 
    So we want to know whether Thunderbird also supports OAuth 2.0 authentication login of exchange. Please reply in your spare time. Looking forward to your reply,thank you! I wish you all the best.
Hello, Thunderbird engineers, I have some questions to ask. Recently, we learned from exchange that they will not support POP, SMTP and other basic authentication methods and will use OAuth 2.0 instead. I saw that Thunderbird supports OAuth 2.0 of Gmail in the help forum. So we want to know whether Thunderbird also supports OAuth 2.0 authentication login of exchange. Please reply in your spare time. Looking forward to your reply,thank you! I wish you all the best.

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (1)

Thunderbird doesn't even have native support for Microsoft Exchange based services that are using their closed-source proprietary Exchange ActiveSync protocols.

Yes, Thunderbird has OAuth2 support for Exchange based accounts, but only for the open "legacy" protocols, that is, IMAP, POP and SMTP. You can keep those protocols enabled for your Exchange accounts and still use modern authentication (OAuth2), but if that is not an option for some reason, you'll need to use a third-party add-on such as https://www.beonex.com/owl/?origin=thunderbird

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.