Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zamknięty i zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Rozwiązane Zablokowane Zarchiwizowany

OS 10.14.6 on new Mac. Firefox will not run nor will Profile Manager

Taz-D

New iMac. Downloaded Fire Fox and after verification, I get Message=Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.

This is a fresh install. Profile Manager will not run- error = /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin: No such file or directory

New iMac. Downloaded Fire Fox and after verification, I get Message=Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible. This is a fresh install. Profile Manager will not run- error = /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin: No such file or directory
Przeczytaj tę odpowiedź w całym kontekście

Wybrane rozwiązanie

Hi Taz, I suspect that you tried dragging the DMG file to the Applications folder, or you ran Firefox from the installer.

Could you try the instructions in the following article: How to download and install Firefox on Mac Specifically, you need to drag the application from inside the disk image to the Applications folder, then run Firefox from the Applications folder.

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (10)

Do you have a firefox file in this location ?

  • /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox

Not now.... deleted to reload, but stopped. Downloaded 4+ times and get same results.

Seems a fresh download should install in correct location?

Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.

Wybrane rozwiązanie

Hi Taz, I suspect that you tried dragging the DMG file to the Applications folder, or you ran Firefox from the installer.

Could you try the instructions in the following article: How to download and install Firefox on Mac Specifically, you need to drag the application from inside the disk image to the Applications folder, then run Firefox from the Applications folder.

OK---drug it side ways to app folder and now it loads... I've always drug it down to the menu bar applications.

Thank you.

I have the same problem, and this solution doesn't work. Also, I have downloaded Profile Manager and when I try to start it I get the same error (Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.) Looking in the Library/Application Support/Firefox there is no profiles.ini file. I am running iMac with OS X 10.13.6

Hi bandjelic

profiles.ini should be located in the Library folder in your home directory.

In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the "~/Library" folder in the Home directory is a hidden folder.

Zmodyfikowany przez cor-el w dniu

Yes it should be there but it is not. New installation does not create it.

Hi bandjelic, This thread was confirmed as solved by the person who asked the original question (Taz-D). Your issue may have similar symptoms, but it is likely a different cause/solution. You should use https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new where volunteers can get more details about your setup.

Because this thread is solved and more people might start using it for their own questions, I'm going to lock it.