Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Zarchiwizowany

Acrobat Reader internal links off by +1 page in Firefox Viewer

davswa

I have been a very loyal user of Firefox since 1.0 and want to continue to use it as my primary browser. However, I have hit a bug which is a show stopper for me.

I have to post a number of Adobe Acrobat files that have internal links. Firefox does a beautiful job of accessing any internal link from HTML using direct references such as http://debarel.com/firefox_acrobat_bug/firefox_acrobat_bug.pdf#page=3 (Note that this will display page #2 because there is a table of contents). However, once the page is displayed links embedded within the Acrobat document will not move to the correct page but rather to the page after the correct page. Since I want links that point back up to the Table of Contents this is really a problem.

Note that Safari does a somewhat better job - it is only half a page off. IE side-steps the problem by always opening the Acrobat Reader (which of course works from Firefox as well if you choose to download the entire PDF file). Chrome gets it perfectly correct.

This should (I think) be a very simple fix because the rendering is perfect other than the fact it is off by one page. A hint at the problem might be that the Firefox PDF viewer seems to use URL links to jump to a different page (when you hover over the internal link in the viewer the full and correct URL is displayed). So if you "right click" (Windows) or "Control Click" (Mac) and choose "Open Link in New Tab" you DO go to the correct page. If you simply click on the link you go to the page after the correct one.

I have been a very loyal user of Firefox since 1.0 and want to continue to use it as my primary browser. However, I have hit a bug which is a show stopper for me. I have to post a number of Adobe Acrobat files that have internal links. Firefox does a beautiful job of accessing any internal link from HTML using direct references such as http://debarel.com/firefox_acrobat_bug/firefox_acrobat_bug.pdf#page=3 (Note that this will display page #2 because there is a table of contents). However, once the page is displayed links embedded within the Acrobat document will not move to the correct page but rather to the page after the correct page. Since I want links that point back up to the Table of Contents this is really a problem. Note that Safari does a somewhat better job - it is only half a page off. IE side-steps the problem by always opening the Acrobat Reader (which of course works from Firefox as well if you choose to download the entire PDF file). Chrome gets it perfectly correct. This should (I think) be a very simple fix because the rendering is perfect other than the fact it is off by one page. A hint at the problem might be that the Firefox PDF viewer seems to use URL links to jump to a different page (when you hover over the internal link in the viewer the full and correct URL is displayed). So if you "right click" (Windows) or "Control Click" (Mac) and choose "Open Link in New Tab" you DO go to the correct page. If you simply click on the link you go to the page after the correct one.

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (1)

CORRECTION: The "Open Link in New Tab" does NOT work properly. It just opens the file at the first page regardless.