Showing questions for topic:
Viser spørsmål tagget med:

Thunderbird calendar not respecting timezone when subscribing to RFC5545-compliant iCal/ICS?

I'm attempting to add the public stream schedule for a Twitch streamer to my calendar in Thunderbird, which is possible because Twitch does offer an API endpoint to get a… (les mer)

I'm attempting to add the public stream schedule for a Twitch streamer to my calendar in Thunderbird, which is possible because Twitch does offer an API endpoint to get a streamer's schedule via RFC5545-compliant iCalendar file (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference#get-channel-icalendar). However, Thunderbird doesn't seem to be respecting the timezone information in Twitch's iCal data and it is not converting event times to my local timezone (America/Chicago). If I open one of the imported events from the iCal in Thunderbird in Edit mode and enable the Show Timezones option, Thunderbird appears to be interpreting the imported start and end times as "Local Time" instead of the timezone specified in the iCal. If I change the timezone in Thunderbird's calendar settings, the start and end times of the calendar events imported from Twitch do not update either.

This happens with ANY iCal from Twitch, but for the sake of illustration, the specific public calendars I'm attempting to add are: > https://api.twitch.tv/helix/schedule/icalendar?broadcaster_id=519794491 > https://api.twitch.tv/helix/schedule/icalendar?broadcaster_id=425292962

Other software (GNOME Calendar and the Open-Xchange-powered platform my e-mail provider uses) is correctly interpreting the timezone data in Twitch's iCal so the issue appears to be in Thunderbird. Any suggestions?

Open

Cannot sync calendar with iPhone

I want to sync calendars across Thunderbird and iPhone. (Linux Mint 22 Wilma, Thunderbird 140.14.1 esr) I am trying to use the Apple calendar server to sync with. Using t… (les mer)

I want to sync calendars across Thunderbird and iPhone. (Linux Mint 22 Wilma, Thunderbird 140.14.1 esr)

I am trying to use the Apple calendar server to sync with. Using the Create New Calendar dialog box in Thunderbird, then applying the Apple-assigned password, Thunderbird returns "Could not find calendars at this location. Please check your settings."

I would appreciate help with this.

Open 12 20

Cannot Initiate A New Calendar On Thunderbird

Problem Initiating New Calendar in Thunderbird 140.12.1esr. Currently sharing calendar information between two accounts, both from Google calendar. Syncing between Goog… (les mer)

Problem Initiating New Calendar in Thunderbird 140.12.1esr. Currently sharing calendar information between two accounts, both from Google calendar. Syncing between Google and Thunderbird has been working smoothly. Recently added KC Chiefs schedule to Google calendar. The KC Chiefs schedule displays correctly in Google, but does not display in Thunderbird. Attempts to add the Chiefs schedule directly to Thunderbird using the indicated (Google) 'Integrated Calendar' links fails. How do I obtain an .ics file to add this to my Thunderbird. Additional thoughts, my system is Linux Mint, and I am currently operating behind a VPN. Thanks,

Open 80

How to disable calendar?

Hi, I configured my account using the server's IMAP service. Every time I open Thunderbird, it asks me for the password of the calendar service of that IMAP service. But … (les mer)

Hi,

I configured my account using the server's IMAP service. Every time I open Thunderbird, it asks me for the password of the calendar service of that IMAP service. But it doesn't have a calendar service. Even if it has, I don't want to use it.

I looked everywhere in the settings page, but could not find a way to disable it.

Why the app keeps asking me for the calendar service's password and how to disable it?


Thanks.

Solved Arkivert 7 180

How to turn off repeat calendar alerts?

I'd like to receive Thunderbird's calendar alerts once and only once; if I'm not at my computer I don't want to keep hearing them over and over every 10 (?) minutes until… (les mer)

I'd like to receive Thunderbird's calendar alerts once and only once; if I'm not at my computer I don't want to keep hearing them over and over every 10 (?) minutes until manually dismissed. I haven't been able to find any setting (including in about:config) that turns on/off the repeat or sets the timeout between repeat alerts. Is it hardcoded? Or is there somewhere it can be changed? Thanks!

Arkivert 3 211

Lightning is not compatible with TB 60.2.1 - why? [linux]

Hi, I really need Calendar function as part of my email client, I have loved Lightning and it has worked well for meeting requests, I used it for confirmation of photogra… (les mer)

Hi, I really need Calendar function as part of my email client, I have loved Lightning and it has worked well for meeting requests, I used it for confirmation of photographic shoots. Getting the confirmation meat the the client had the same information as the appointment in my Calendar. Lightning is so important that I believe it should be the default calendar for TB and be built into every update. How long before I can use it again, please?

Arkivert 2 170

Lightning: Find Events not working

Have version 60.2.1 (64-bit) installed from Linux Mint 18.3 repos. Just discovered that clicking on the "Find Events" button in Lightning (or same for menu item) and NOTH… (les mer)

Have version 60.2.1 (64-bit) installed from Linux Mint 18.3 repos. Just discovered that clicking on the "Find Events" button in Lightning (or same for menu item) and NOTHING shows in the Find Events panel that appears. That's NOTHING with a BIG capital 'N'. So what happened? How can it be fixed.

FWIW, this is the WORST upgrade of Thunderbird for a l-o-n-g l-o-n-g time. The completely botched management of the add-on aspect was unbelievably incompetent. Lightning f**ked for an awful lot of people with little help until a few folk (outside of Mozilla) started posting "Uninstall add-on, install distrib xul-). Very bad. The sheer number of "Lighting broke" references when searching the web is testament to the appalling approach to pushing the upgrade. Then there are all those really helpful add-on developers out there that are totally p***ed off with the sudden incompatibility of there helpful work because of an unhelpful Add-on API team. Plus, I've got problems (that I didn't have before) with the Date & Time display aspects and they seem to be insurmountable given the wholly arrogant attitude of those developers involved -- just how *does* Thunderbird/Lightning work with locale? I'm genuinely convinced the developers don't know. And don't get me started on CalDav...

I'm thinking I might be better going back to a previous, stable and FUNCTIONAL version. If the next > v60 upgrade version actually fixes all/most of the problems, I might stick with it, but otherwise I think I'll have to find something else. Shame because this really was a f**king great product with a seriously promising future. Sad. Very sad.

Arkivert 1 222

Lightning is incompatible with updated Thunderbird (60.2.1)

Thunderbird updated to 60.2.1 and Lightning disappeared. I followed the guidance in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/calendar-updates-issues-thunderbird, and got Lig… (les mer)

Thunderbird updated to 60.2.1 and Lightning disappeared. I followed the guidance in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/calendar-updates-issues-thunderbird, and got Lightning back (V6.2.2.1). However, in Get Add-ons, it is still grayed out and listed as "incompatible with your version of Thunderbird", which is a bit disconcerting. My life is in my calendar, and I can't afford compatibility issues.

Is this just a matter of the add-ons library not having the most up-to-date version (or a bad compatibility checker), but what was somehow magically reloaded into my Thunderbird is completely fine? Or is the latest version that has been reloaded actually still incompatible in some way, and I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall with problems that will turn up later?

Arkivert 8 221

lightning calender not compatible with latest version why

I have used Thunderbird for a few years and never had a problem until now. I am on Linux Mint and I updated to Thunderbird 60.2.1 I just launched it and the calendar (lig… (les mer)

I have used Thunderbird for a few years and never had a problem until now. I am on Linux Mint and I updated to Thunderbird 60.2.1 I just launched it and the calendar (lightning) is no longer compatible with this version, this is stupid, the calendar feature is an important and integral part of any email system! I have six months of appointments, tasks and events just wiped out why update when something important like the calendar is not going to work. Can this be fixed? if not Thunderbird is no longer fit for purpose.

I don't want to have to start messing around installing an earlier version

Arkivert 7 190