Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Arkivert

Is there a solution to using Firefox to access internet based software that was/is designed for Internet Explorer?

mmolenaar

I just started a new job and they say I have to use a PC with IE in order to use their online software program(s). I currently have two MACs and don't want to manage another PC on my desk if I don't have to.

I've read that some older versions used an add on called IETab. But this is unavailable for Firefox 3.6 or 7.0. I'm hoping I don't need an add on, just that I can have the same functionality on Mac as on PC.

I just started a new job and they say I have to use a PC with IE in order to use their online software program(s). I currently have two MACs and don't want to manage another PC on my desk if I don't have to. I've read that some older versions used an add on called IETab. But this is unavailable for Firefox 3.6 or 7.0. I'm hoping I don't need an add on, just that I can have the same functionality on Mac as on PC.

All Replies (1)

IETab type extensions need IE to be installed, they are of no use on a Mac.