Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Thunderbird wide or other views don't display correctly

Peter Rawbone

This seems to have occurred in the last month or so.

Whenever I click on a message in the folders pane, the message is not displayed correctly in any of the three layout views but, if I am offered to display in a browser, it does! Also, if I select 'Edit as a new message' it displays correctly, as also do iPhone and iPads. The screenshot shows the problem?


Any ideas, anyone?

This seems to have occurred in the last month or so. Whenever I click on a message in the folders pane, the message is not displayed correctly in any of the three layout views but, if I am offered to display in a browser, it does! Also, if I select 'Edit as a new message' it displays correctly, as also do iPhone and iPads. The screenshot shows the problem? Any ideas, anyone?
Attached screenshots

All Replies (1)

It seems to me that actually you open a message with a double-click in a new window. But I wonder how you could open messages by clicking in the "folder pane". The only way I know to open a message - whether in the message pane, a new tab oder a new windows - is to click or double-click the message in the thread pane ( = message list). Unfortunately I don't know how you displayed and read messages before this "issue". And what do you mean by "I am offered to display in a browser" ? I am not familiar with this option... To compare with I include a screen shot of my Thunderbird installation on a Mac, using classic view and table view

EDIT: maybe I was entirely wrong with my interpretation of your screen shot, and your real issue is the display of the contents of messages. Actually you are using View > Message Body As > Plain Text Probably you were used to Original HTML

Endret av Mapenzi

Still et spørsmål

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.