Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Arkivert

How can I save login names without saving passwords?

pegmo

I want Firefox to auto-fill login names for sites I visit often, but I don't want it to save the passwords for those sites.

I want Firefox to auto-fill login names for sites I visit often, but I don't want it to save the passwords for those sites.

All Replies (1)

Valgt løsning

You would have to use a form fill extension to store only the username. because in the Firefox Password Manager you can only store a username and password pair (the username can be empty to support a password only login form, but the password can't be empty).
You can possibly store a (one letter) fake password and create a login block exception to prevent Firefox from asking to update the fake password.