Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Arkivert

Need to restore deleted account, but files were saved.

stblancke

I deleted my regular years-old Thunderbird account by mistake (Oops!) , but I did not delete its many files, so they still show up on the left, and I can access the files, but the account does not send/receive emails any more. I understand why. I created a new account, but I cannot drag the old files into it.

Ideally, I would like to be able to make the deleted account work again … with its saved files, or else know how to transfer the files to the new account. Any guidance? Thanks, Tim I have enjoyed using Thunderbird for decades.

I deleted my regular years-old Thunderbird account by mistake (Oops!) , but I did not delete its many files, so they still show up on the left, and I can access the files, but the account does not send/receive emails any more. I understand why. I created a new account, but I cannot drag the old files into it. Ideally, I would like to be able to make the deleted account work again … with its saved files, or else know how to transfer the files to the new account. Any guidance? Thanks, Tim I have enjoyed using Thunderbird for decades.

All Replies (2)

Yes! That worked. wow! How fast and effective you are. Thanks for your service. Tim