Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Opgelost Gearchiveerd

How to see files stored in my phone from my Ubuntu 12.04.3?

jgomo3

This is what i've tried:

   1. In Storage Adjustments i "enable the USB Disk".
   2. Connect The phone via USB cable to my Ubuntu Machine.
   3. Since it is not mounted as an normal USB storage device, i checked the syslog, getting this: http://pastebin.com/U4TikPb5

I can see /dev/sdb appear, but without any partition (i was waiting for a /dev/sdb1 partition to appear).

So, how can i "download" the files from my phone to my Ubuntu machine? Do i need to install some special driver? Note:

   1. I have no SD reader in my machine.
   2. My Phone is the "Alcatel One Touch Fire".
This is what i've tried: 1. In Storage Adjustments i "enable the USB Disk". 2. Connect The phone via USB cable to my Ubuntu Machine. 3. Since it is not mounted as an normal USB storage device, i checked the syslog, getting this: http://pastebin.com/U4TikPb5 I can see /dev/sdb appear, but without any partition (i was waiting for a /dev/sdb1 partition to appear). So, how can i "download" the files from my phone to my Ubuntu machine? Do i need to install some special driver? Note: 1. I have no SD reader in my machine. 2. My Phone is the "Alcatel One Touch Fire".
Dit antwoord in context lezen

Gekozen oplossing

Solved:

1. Settings -> Storage -> Enable USB storage
2. Settings -> Storage -> Media storage -> SD Card Storage -> Share using USB

I only did step 1.

Thank you.

Alle antwoorden (4)

I use Fedora 19 without any problems to connect the phone SDcard as USB-device to my system. So I would think it should work for Ubuntu as well.

Have you tried to mount sdb1 manually (e.g. mount /dev/sdb1 /tmpmountdir) ?

What (if any) error message do you receive, if you try?

You will need to unlock phone, whereupon it will auto mount.

WerWer:

   1. I can't mount /dev/sdb1 because it doen't exist. There is only the /dev/sdb.
   2. If there is any "error" message, is the one in the syslog saying it is not an MTP device:
       mtp-probe: bus: 1, device: 7 was not an MTP device


fleamour:

   I did it, but didn't work.

Gekozen oplossing

Solved:

1. Settings -> Storage -> Enable USB storage
2. Settings -> Storage -> Media storage -> SD Card Storage -> Share using USB

I only did step 1.

Thank you.