Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Gearchiveerd

Importing bookamrks from external hard drive, but missing subfolders?

suirenlily

My hard drive failed, so I used the "export bookmarks to html" option and saved it to an external hard drive. When I imported the html file into Firefox on my new hard drive, everything shows up except some subfolders (which of course were the bookmarks I needed the most). Is there any way to retrieve them if I don't have the old hard drive anymore, or am I doing something wrong here?

My hard drive failed, so I used the "export bookmarks to html" option and saved it to an external hard drive. When I imported the html file into Firefox on my new hard drive, everything shows up except some subfolders (which of course were the bookmarks I needed the most). Is there any way to retrieve them if I don't have the old hard drive anymore, or am I doing something wrong here?

Alle antwoorden (1)

If you open that html file as a web page, are the missing bookmarks there? Trying to determine whether the problem was the export or the import.

Do you have any other backups of your Firefox settings folder from your old hard drive? Particularly valuable would be a folder named bookmarkbackups.