Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Gearchiveerd

The bookmarks menu that stays on the left hand side of the browser has gone

aaronpotter

I cleaned my hard drive today and when I re-opened firefox the home button and bookmarks button had moved. I moved them back and now the bookmarks button has changed function.

Before when I clicked on the bookmarks button it opened a permanent menu that stayed on the left hand side of the browser until I closed it. Now when I press the bookmarks button, however, there is a pop up bookmarks menu over the top of the browser.

How do I get the old permanent bookmarks menu back?

I cleaned my hard drive today and when I re-opened firefox the home button and bookmarks button had moved. I moved them back and now the bookmarks button has changed function. Before when I clicked on the bookmarks button it opened a permanent menu that stayed on the left hand side of the browser until I closed it. Now when I press the bookmarks button, however, there is a pop up bookmarks menu over the top of the browser. How do I get the old permanent bookmarks menu back?

Alle antwoorden (2)

You can use View > Sidebar > Bookmarks (Ctrl+B) to open the bookmarks in the sidebar.

Press F10 or press and hold the Alt key down to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily.

Firefox 4 has two bookmark icons in the Customize window. One has a drop marker that open a Bookmark menu. The other without the drop marker is the one that opens the bookmarks in the sidebar.

Open the Customize window via "View > Toolbars > Customize" or via "Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout"

Bewerkt door cor-el op

I finally got it. Now have it working with ver 4.0.1 -- after an hour. Wish the folks at Firefox had not make this so difficult.