Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Gearchiveerd

didn't restore last session following a foxfire update and install, I need the last session restored, how?

AnonymousUser

the computer shut down sometime in the middle of the night, maybe a windows update- how knows. There was a foxfire update install pending. When I got to the computer this morning I had to restart foxfire and it did the install. But I never had a "restore last session" question or opportunity from foxfire. Favorites is OLD information, not what I use day in, day out; I use the tabs for that. I need last session restored.

This happened

Not sure how often

== this morning (last night)

the computer shut down sometime in the middle of the night, maybe a windows update- how knows. There was a foxfire update install pending. When I got to the computer this morning I had to restart foxfire and it did the install. But I never had a "restore last session" question or opportunity from foxfire. Favorites is OLD information, not what I use day in, day out; I use the tabs for that. I need last session restored. == This happened == Not sure how often == this morning (last night)

Alle antwoorden (5)

That session is probably gone. You can try the History or the browser cache (about:cache)

To avoid such issues you can (should) choose: Tools > Options > General > Startup: "When Firefox Starts": "Show my windows and tabs from last time" Session restore works more reliable if you choose that setting.

I have the same situation as the OP noted, but although I have the settings as the responder noted, it does not work. Whether my system hangs, shuts itself down, or I use File, Exit, my tabs are not restoring from the previous session. I am on version 3.6.6 of Mozilla Firefox, and Windows Vista Home Premium, SP2. Thank you for any assistance on this really irritating matter.

I had the same problem. I had to added on Tab Saver and so far its working.

In the address bar, when you first open up your browser, type in "about:sessionrestore"(without the quotes). That *should* help you out.

That's not a lot of help, corel. 'It's gone.' May 2012 and it's still happening, especially after a version upgrade; that's not anything like a crash, it's just an upgrade, handled by the user. But the programmers seem so preoccupied with their creation that they fail to notice that a close of one version and an opening of a new is just an ordinary operation to a user [if you're an administrator]. We expect stopping and starting to work, and our last sessions to be remembered over that 'great divide'. What's so radical about respecting a user's environment? Not pretty, Mozilla.

Bewerkt door PhredE op