Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Gearchiveerd

Install firefox 3.6.3 on debian64 lenny

AnonymousUser

Downloaded firefox-3.6.3.tar.bz2 to my home directory. from root termial I entered the following lines: mv firefox-3.6.3.tar.bz2 /usr/lib/ cd /usr/lib/ tar -jxvf firefox-3.6.3.tar.bz2 ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox

Created a symlink as follows: rm -rf /usr/firefox/plugins; ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins /usr/lib/firefox/plugins

Created a launcher on debian desktop, but am uncertain about the proper command to use, I tried using "firefox" but nothing happened.

If I navagate to my file structure " / usr bin " I find firefox, but can't open or run it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. David.

User Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/20080528 Epiphany/2.22

Downloaded firefox-3.6.3.tar.bz2 to my home directory. from root termial I entered the following lines: mv firefox-3.6.3.tar.bz2 /usr/lib/ cd /usr/lib/ tar -jxvf firefox-3.6.3.tar.bz2 ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox Created a symlink as follows: rm -rf /usr/firefox/plugins; ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins /usr/lib/firefox/plugins Created a launcher on debian desktop, but am uncertain about the proper command to use, I tried using "firefox" but nothing happened. If I navagate to my file structure " / usr bin " I find firefox, but can't open or run it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. David. == User Agent == Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/20080528 Epiphany/2.22

Alle antwoorden (4)

Hello David,

does Install Firefox on Linux help?

Kind regards, Tobbi Firefox Support Volunteer

I reviewed that but it did not help.

in your list of commands I miss chmod +x

i can't run firefox 3.6. I write in comand line in the box the gnome menu launcher usr/lib/firefox or urs/bin/firefox but it not run. The comand lines that I write in the ln -s was:

ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox

and ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox firefox3.6

ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox firefox3

I dont know that I can make