Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Opgelost Gearchiveerd

Why is google maps no longer an option when I enter an address?

gillaspy

Not too long ago, when I entered an address in the search box, one of the options returned was map. clicking on that displayed the google map for that address. This no longer happens. Instead, another company's map is displayed. I much prefer google maps.

Not too long ago, when I entered an address in the search box, one of the options returned was map. clicking on that displayed the google map for that address. This no longer happens. Instead, another company's map is displayed. I much prefer google maps.
Dit antwoord in context lezen

Gekozen oplossing

Type about:addons<enter> in the address bar to open your Add-ons Manager. Hot key; (<Control> [Mac=<Command>] <Shift> A)

In the Add-ons Manager, on the left, select Extensions. Remove “ yahoo “ Anything.

Also remove SafeSearch, SearchAssist Incognito, FileConverter Addon, SearchLock, DiscreteSearch, WebSearch, Findwide Search Engine

Now do the same in the computer’s Programs Folder.

Windows: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. Mac: Open the Applications folder. Linux: Check your user manual.

Alle antwoorden (7)

What shows up instead? Do you have an add-on with them?

I use my.yahoo and no matter what search engine I specify in the default for Firefox, whether yahoo is on the screen, the search defaults to "search.yahoo"

If I go to google.com and use the search there, the default for search resets to google for all subsequent pages, UNTIL and click the home button and return to my.yahoo.com - thereafter, search is set to search.yahoo for all subsequent pages. I can't find a settable default to fix this.

Gekozen oplossing

Type about:addons<enter> in the address bar to open your Add-ons Manager. Hot key; (<Control> [Mac=<Command>] <Shift> A)

In the Add-ons Manager, on the left, select Extensions. Remove “ yahoo “ Anything.

Also remove SafeSearch, SearchAssist Incognito, FileConverter Addon, SearchLock, DiscreteSearch, WebSearch, Findwide Search Engine

Now do the same in the computer’s Programs Folder.

Windows: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. Mac: Open the Applications folder. Linux: Check your user manual.

removed safesearch and problem went away.

That was very good work. Well done.

Meow, Meow.

Thank you!!!!!!