Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Gearchiveerd

Firefox won't play html5 videos

Marc Windheim

I'm on a Mac and firefox won't play any html5 videos. Not vines, instagrams, vimeos etc. When I upgraded to I think 34 a few weeks ago it stopped working, and when I upgraded to 35.0.1 today all I get is a green screen when I click on them.

I've read that there's an issue with macs and firefox supporting html5, but there's been no solutions. Is my best action just getting rid of firefox completely and going to chrome?

Thanks

I'm on a Mac and firefox won't play any html5 videos. Not vines, instagrams, vimeos etc. When I upgraded to I think 34 a few weeks ago it stopped working, and when I upgraded to 35.0.1 today all I get is a green screen when I click on them. I've read that there's an issue with macs and firefox supporting html5, but there's been no solutions. Is my best action just getting rid of firefox completely and going to chrome? Thanks

Alle antwoorden (4)

You can try to disable MP4 in the HTML5 media player by setting these prefs to false on the about:config page.

  • media.apple.mp3.enabled = false
  • media.apple.mp4.enabled = false

You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.

Unfortunately that didn't fix it. I still get a green screen whenever I click on vimeo, vine, or instagram videos

Still no luck with playing Vines. Even downgraded to a previous version of Firefox

Will unfortunately have to switch to Chrome

Did you check for errors in the Web Console or Browser Console (Firefox/Tools > Web Developer)?