This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
how to clear items mentioned right side under "recently book marked"
Even after I successfully clear 'recent history I find in the right side certain items under "recently book marked". Please let me know how to remove these items.
All Replies (1)
- "Most Visited" and "Recently Bookmarked" are examples of the so called Smart Bookmarks folders and are not real existing folders.
- Such smart folders show a list created by a query of the places.sqlite database that stores the bookmarks and the history in Firefox.
- The bookmarks that show up in such smart folder listing are stored elsewhere in another folder and any changes made are applied to the real bookmark or history item.
- Such lists show a maximum of 10 entries by default and you add a new bookmark or visit a website then a new item is added at the top and the entry at the bottom disappears from that list.
- The items that are removed from the list are not gone, but merely do not show up anymore in that list.
- Any actions like copy & paste or delete that you perform on bookmarks in such a list are done on the original bookmark.
- If you do not want a specific list then remove that query (right-click: Delete), but do not delete the content that is displayed in such a list.