Showing questions for topic:
Showing questions tagged:

VPN option is not showing in my browser

When i updated my browser today it showed me a page which said that VPN can be used by clicking on the VPN button in toolbar so i tried to do it but it is not showing in … (read more)

When i updated my browser today it showed me a page which said that VPN can be used by clicking on the VPN button in toolbar so i tried to do it but it is not showing in my browser and also it is showing nothing related to VPN in settings.

Solved 3 233

When will VPN Free be available in Brazil?

It was announced under update 150.0.1 that a 50GB Free monthly VPN was available, however this is not the case in Brazil. Is this a bug? Is there a due data for the acti… (read more)

It was announced under update 150.0.1 that a 50GB Free monthly VPN was available, however this is not the case in Brazil.

Is this a bug? Is there a due data for the activation? Is there any farther configuration needed to make it work?

PC / Win11

Thank you!

Open 2 50

Are the Mozilla services that are excluded from the VPN encrypted or otherwise protected for secure identity?

You say, "Some essential Mozilla services are excluded from VPN routing to ensure sign-in, VPN reconnection, and screens needed to sign in for public Wi-Fi work properly.… (read more)

You say, "Some essential Mozilla services are excluded from VPN routing to ensure sign-in, VPN reconnection, and screens needed to sign in for public Wi-Fi work properly. All other browsing activity in Firefox remains protected when the VPN is on."

How then am I protected in any kind of secure way?

All it would take is the Mozilla services using my public IP to lose my browsing protection. How are those connections secured to protect my identity from being exposed once the VPN is enabled and even after the VPN is enabled?

If the public IP can be discovered at sign-in, re-connections, and public Wi-Fi connections before the VPN is enabled, then that same public IP can be traced through internal logs to uncover all the VPN activity done after sign-in, re-connections, and public Wi-Fi access. So, how exactly can I trust the VPN protects my activity at all?

I'm just curious how you setup any protection prior to the VPN being enabled? I'm a former IT Network Specialist I had my CISCO CCNA certificate (Worked in school districts who wouldn't pay for additional certificates so I did all the study work and practice testing up to the CCNP certification just could never afford to take any of the exams beyond the CCNA). So, when I see these additional things like your 50 GB of free browser VPN and read how it works I get curious about the actual protections being provided. Are the people more vulnerable than they may be led to believe?

Solved 4 162

I cannot find the new built-in VPN or any icon to add to my toolbar.

I cannot find the new built-in VPN or any icon to add to my toolbar. It was offered to me after update 150 but it only brought me to the support page on how to add it to … (read more)

I cannot find the new built-in VPN or any icon to add to my toolbar. It was offered to me after update 150 but it only brought me to the support page on how to add it to toolbar. The icon is not at upper right corner of browser. And I found no way via Customize Toolbar to add the new VPN to toolbar.

Solved 3 203

Suddenly, I can't copy and paste text or images using the Firefox browser

Using the Firefox browser, I tried to copy an image and wasn't able to do so. Then I copied an image using another browser and wasn't able to paste it into a Facebook pos… (read more)

Using the Firefox browser, I tried to copy an image and wasn't able to do so. Then I copied an image using another browser and wasn't able to paste it into a Facebook post on Firefox. Please tell me how to fix this. I can't copy/paste text either. Could the problem be my Mozilla VPN?

Open 3 40

Warum sehe ich keine Eingabeaufforderung für den integrierten VPN-Support?

Nach dem letzten Update auf Version 150.0 wurde ich auf den integrierten VPN-Support hingewiesen. Eine Aktivierung ist nicht nöglich, da ich die Aufforderung zur Aktivier… (read more)

Nach dem letzten Update auf Version 150.0 wurde ich auf den integrierten VPN-Support hingewiesen. Eine Aktivierung ist nicht nöglich, da ich die Aufforderung zur Aktivierung nicht finde. Gehöre ich noch nicht zu denAuserwählten oder verstehe ich etwas falsch?

Open 2 60

Auto updated to Firefox 150 yesterday - says it has free VPN, linked to screen to follow prompts to set up, but nothing it says should be there (ff menu icon) is there?

Auto updated to firefox 150 yesterday. What's new screen announced the rollout of the free in browser vpn had reached us (in Canada). Clicked the link to set up, went to … (read more)

Auto updated to firefox 150 yesterday. What's new screen announced the rollout of the free in browser vpn had reached us (in Canada). Clicked the link to set up, went to screen to follow instructions. There's no vpn icon in the firefox menu bar, no matter what I do. (And I have done everything obvious.) Was the VPN not in the actual update I received or is this some bug/glitch? Thanks.

Solved 4 183

There isn't a vpn icon for me to setup the vpn in firefox

I want to setup the VPN in firefox but the instructions refer to the VPN icon which is not visible to me. When I try to add it to the toolbar the instructions say to cli… (read more)

I want to setup the VPN in firefox but the instructions refer to the VPN icon which is not visible to me. When I try to add it to the toolbar the instructions say to click more tools from the menu at the top right, but there isn't a selection called more tools.

Open 7 151

Is there a way to have VPN always on upon browser launch?

Hello all, I am currently testing the new VPN feature in Firefox. I Is noticed that Firefox always starts with this integrated VPN being off. I searched but I didn't find… (read more)

Hello all,

I am currently testing the new VPN feature in Firefox. I Is noticed that Firefox always starts with this integrated VPN being off. I searched but I didn't find any way to have it always on when launching VPN. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Solved 17 510

Built-In VPN - what use is it?

Hello, At the last FF update, I discovered that I had VPN on my top status bar but what does it do? I have v. 150.0.1 (64 bit). Also Windows 11. I live in France and … (read more)

Hello,

At the last FF update, I discovered that I had VPN on my top status bar but what does it do?

I have v. 150.0.1 (64 bit). Also Windows 11. I live in France and the only reason to use a VPN is to watch a UK soap which I cannot watch by any other means unless it's live on the TV. I know how to turn it on (obvious), so when I use the BBC website, this is what I do. But it makes not the slightest bit of difference as I am still recognised as being outside the UK.

Am I not doing something please?

Open 6 100