For over 24 hours I've been unable to load Firefox, even after I atempted to load the latest version to my Windows XP-equipped computer tower. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firstly, I wish I would have been directed firstly to this composition box and not have to go through the unhelpful one-sentence route and rigamarole that brought me here.
Anyway, for over 24 hours now I've been unable to bring up Firefox onto my Windows XP-equipped computer, instead always receiving your Crash Reporter's notice that there was a problem, which also occurred when I went to the Mozilla homepage and tried downloading the latest version of Firefox after having sen the notice that I didn't have-and apparently still don't have-its latest iteration. This is especially urgent since I use your browser to access Facebook, where I've business correspondence to answer.
Furthermore, it was none too fun to wade through the several toll-free telephone numbers I found supposedly offering Mozilla technical support and running into nothing but dead ends and/or L O N G wait times by calling each. Perhaps you could do something to police that?
Since I'm here, I'm also curious as how to 1)transfer my Firefox bookmarks/favorites file to the Pale Moon browser, and 2)transfer that same file to a newly-refurbished Windows 10-equipped computer tower.
I look forward to and thank you for your prompt, helpful reply.
Mr. Jamie Lee Rake
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Zoom launcher - 3.0.1
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.131.2 for Mozilla browsers
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/2.2 Firefox/38.9 PaleMoon/26.5.0
Let’s do a full clean re-install;
Using your file browser, open the Programs Folder on your computer.
Windows: C:\Program Files C:\Program Files (x86)
Mac: Open the "Applications" folder. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac
Linux: Check your user manual. If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it. See Install Firefox on Linux; https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-firefox-linux
If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder Firefox in your home directory. http://www.mozilla.org/firefox#desktop ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Do Not remove the profiles folder.
Look for, and rename any Mozilla or Firefox program folders by adding .old to them. Do not rename the Mozilla Thunderbird folder if there is one.
After rebooting the computer, run a registry scanner if you have one. Then run the installer. If all goes well, remove the OLD folders when you are done. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ If there is a problem, start your Computer in safe mode and try again.
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Linux+Safe+Mode This shows how to Start all Computers in Safe Mode; Free Online Encyclopedia
These instructions are for Firefox.
Open the Bookmarks Manager; Press the Alt or F10 key to bring up the toolbar, and select Bookmarks. Hot key is <Control> (Mac=<Command>) <Shift> B.
Once the window is open, at the top of the page, press the button labeled Import and Backup. Select Export Bookmarks To HTML, and follow the prompts and save it to a HTML file. Copy the file to another computer. Repeat the instructions above, BUT select Import Bookmarks From HTML.