Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archyvinta

Why I can't update pluggins that firefox suggests they should be updated when i press the update button next to them?

blue_tiger

I have tried to update the RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In (32-bit) and the RealNetworks(tm) Chrome Background Extension Plug-In (32-bit) as is was suggested but when I press the button next to them nothing happens. Have tried that a few times...still nothing happens.

I have tried to update the RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In (32-bit) and the RealNetworks(tm) Chrome Background Extension Plug-In (32-bit) as is was suggested but when I press the button next to them nothing happens. Have tried that a few times...still nothing happens.

All Replies (4)

Hi blue_tiger,
you can visit this page:
Mozilla's Plugins Check and Updates
and check your plugins.
This is not working?

As I said I have tried that..i press the button to do the update and nothing happens!

Same here and researched web-contuing research. If you hit the update plug-in button, it acts as if you did not hit. Screen flickers and stays on same plug-in update check page

Hello shelleysqrd,

I found a related bug : Bug 887245 - Plugincheck should not link to itself on the "update now" button

thank you