Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archyvinta

Why am I seeing double message entries each time my Pop3 Mails download

tewb1408a

Downloaded messages in my Inbox are doubled. If 20 messages download from my Email Client server, 40 appear in the Inbox.

Downloaded messages in my Inbox are doubled. If 20 messages download from my Email Client server, 40 appear in the Inbox.

Modified by tewb1408a

Skaityti atsakymą kartu su kontekstu

Chosen Solution

tewb1408a said

Thanks Matt for you reply. How do I fix the problem?

go to the mail account in your browser and change the setting to allow mail client to delete mail instead of move it. Some have reported this works better.

Personally I use this add-on. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/remove-duplicate-messages/?src=search and just delete the duplicates and home that Microsoft will fix their system one day.

All Replies (3)

That sounds like that defective mail service Microsoft has. Live/Hotmail/MSN and now outlook. Lots of names but a poor record of reliability and stands compatability

Thanks Matt for you reply. How do I fix the problem?

Chosen Solution

tewb1408a said

Thanks Matt for you reply. How do I fix the problem?

go to the mail account in your browser and change the setting to allow mail client to delete mail instead of move it. Some have reported this works better.

Personally I use this add-on. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/remove-duplicate-messages/?src=search and just delete the duplicates and home that Microsoft will fix their system one day.