Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Mulongo oyo etiyamaki na archive. Tuna motuna mosusu soki osengeli na lisalisi
Solved Eza archivé

I get an error saying I need at least Firefox 3.6 but I have Firefox 3.6.22

kariwojo

On particular websites, such as 'Words with Friends' on Facebook and Pandora, I get an error saying that my browser is not supported and I need to upgrade. However, I am running the latest version (3.6.22) that can be run on my machine--I have OS X 10.4.11. In 'Words with Friends' I just click 'ok' and it loads, but I can't get Pandora to override the error. I've had this problem for quite awhile now, and I am pretty certain it is some setting on this machine, because the machine I use at work has the same version of OS X and Firefox and does not have the same problem. I have tried reinstalling Firefox to no avail.

On particular websites, such as 'Words with Friends' on Facebook and Pandora, I get an error saying that my browser is not supported and I need to upgrade. However, I am running the latest version (3.6.22) that can be run on my machine--I have OS X 10.4.11. In 'Words with Friends' I just click 'ok' and it loads, but I can't get Pandora to override the error. I've had this problem for quite awhile now, and I am pretty certain it is some setting on this machine, because the machine I use at work has the same version of OS X and Firefox and does not have the same problem. I have tried reinstalling Firefox to no avail.

All Replies (4)

Solution eye oponami

You have user agent that is corrupted by Fast Browser Search and that identifies you as Firefox/3.5.6 FBSMTWB

  • Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 FBSMTWB

See:

Thanks cor-el! I have one problem though...when I go to the about:config file, it won't let me reset the values--I can only edit them. Any other suggestions? I was able to reset general.useragent.override. I'll see if that fixes things.

That worked! I reset general.useragent.override, the rest were already defaulted.

You're welcome


You can only reset preferences that appear bold (user set). If they are the default then Reset will be grayed to indicate that.