Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Clear cookies exception doesn't work - I keep getting logged out

BulkyBeats

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating between systems. I have my desktop with Firefox, I use some multi account containers, I clear cache and cookies on browser close and I have some exceptions to not clear cookies, as I want to stay logged into my accounts. It worked fine on my desktop.

Now, I tried to do the same for my laptop. I turned in account sync and add on sync, my browser settings and containers are indeed synced. But the exceptions are not synced, so I tried setting an exception for some of the sites like my desktop, logged in, closed browser, and I am not logged in anymore. Nevertheless, the exceptions are still remembered.

Some details:

   On my PC, The exceptions are both in the Browsing Data section and in the History exceptions. So I tried setting the exceptions to both on my laptop too, still no success.
   On my desktop (where it works), I don't use the "Always use private browsing mode" option, and on History->settings "Cookies and site data" are checked, and "Site settings" is not checked.

Can anyone please help me troubleshoot this? I really don't think it should be that hard, maybe as Firefox updated it became bugged or something?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am in the process of migrating between systems. I have my desktop with Firefox, I use some multi account containers, I clear cache and cookies on browser close and I have some exceptions to not clear cookies, as I want to stay logged into my accounts. It worked fine on my desktop. Now, I tried to do the same for my laptop. I turned in account sync and add on sync, my browser settings and containers are indeed synced. But the exceptions are not synced, so I tried setting an exception for some of the sites like my desktop, logged in, closed browser, and I am not logged in anymore. Nevertheless, the exceptions are still remembered. Some details: On my PC, The exceptions are both in the Browsing Data section and in the History exceptions. So I tried setting the exceptions to both on my laptop too, still no success. On my desktop (where it works), I don't use the "Always use private browsing mode" option, and on History->settings "Cookies and site data" are checked, and "Site settings" is not checked. Can anyone please help me troubleshoot this? I really don't think it should be that hard, maybe as Firefox updated it became bugged or something? Thanks in advance.

All Replies (1)

Sounds like you've set it correctly. Working as expected here: https://streamable.com/pps7pn

If you follow the same steps and the same demo host, are you still getting different results?

Tuna motuna

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.