Welcome to Firefox! We'll show you all the basics to get you up and running. When you're ready to go beyond the basics, check out the other links for features you can explore later.
Table of Contents
- 1 New Tab page: great content at your fingertips
- 2 Search everything with the unified search/address bar
- 3 Page Actions menu: Bookmark, snap, save or share
- 4 Bookmark a page
- 5 Private Browsing with Enhanced Tracking Protection: Browse fast and free
- 6 Keep your Firefox in sync
- 7 Customize the menu or the toolbar
- 8 Add features to Firefox with add-ons
- 9 Get help
New Tab page: great content at your fingertips
By default, Firefox gives you access to great content every time you open a new tab. Customize this page by hovering over the sections and thumbnails or click the cogwheel icon buttongear icon at the top right corner of the New Tab page for more options.
Search everything with the unified search/address bar
Whether you know the exact web address or you're just searching, Firefox's address bar handles it all. Firefox's unified search and address bar gives you suggestions based on your existing bookmarks and tags, history, open tabs, and popular searches. Just start typing in a search term or web address and watch the magic happen!
Page Actions menu: Bookmark, snap, save or share
Found a great web page? Save it or share it! The Page Actions menu in the address bar lets you bookmark web pages, pin tabs, copy or email links, take screenshots, and send pages to your phone or to your Pocket list so you can read them whenever and wherever you want.
Bookmark a page
Found a great web page you want to save? To create a bookmark, click the star in the address bar:
The box that opens lets you give your bookmark a name and choose where to save it. You can keep it just a click away by saving it to the Bookmarks Toolbar, or save it for later in the Bookmarks Menu.
Private Browsing with Enhanced Tracking Protection: Browse fast and free
Browse the Internet without saving any information on your computer about which sites and pages you’ve visited. Firefox will also block creepy trackers that follow your behavior across the Web.
- Click the menu button and then click right-clickcontrol + click on a link on a web page, then click .) . (Tip: You can also
Keep your Firefox in sync
Set up a Firefox account, so you can take your browsing information with you wherever you go. Click the menu button , chooseand follow the instructions to create your account. Then sign in to the newly-created account on your other devices, and that's it!
Customize the menu or the toolbar
We've streamlined the toolbar with the most popular features, but Firefox has even more features tucked away. Take a peek!
- Click on the menu button , then click . and select
- Drag and drop the features you want onto your toolbar or the panel on the right.
- When you are done, click the button.
Add features to Firefox with add-ons
Add-ons are like apps that you can install to make Firefox work the way you want.
- Click the menu button , click and select .
- To install a recommended add-on, click the blue or button, depending on the type of add-on.
At the bottom of the list of recommended add-ons, there's also a addons.mozilla.org where you can search for specific add-ons.button you can click. It will take you to
To learn more about add-ons, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox.
If you have more questions or ever need help with Firefox, you're on the right website.