Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
Solved 보존

window.opener doesn't work

cdman52

I have a website that seems to have just broken with the 18 or 18.0.1 release. The specific code that is breaking is a call to window.opener. The error I see in the console says: TypeError: window.opener.Assignments is undefined

I checked this with IE and FF on our test servers as well as our comparison server (runs last releases version of the code) and they all have the same problem so it's not something that changed in our codebase.

Can anyone tell me why there are javascript errors on calls to window.opener with the latest release and how I can work around this?

I have a website that seems to have just broken with the 18 or 18.0.1 release. The specific code that is breaking is a call to window.opener. The error I see in the console says: TypeError: window.opener.Assignments is undefined I checked this with IE and FF on our test servers as well as our comparison server (runs last releases version of the code) and they all have the same problem so it's not something that changed in our codebase. Can anyone tell me why there are javascript errors on calls to window.opener with the latest release and how I can work around this?

모든 댓글 (1)

선택된 해결법

I think I found the answer to my own question. In case anyone stumbles on this and it's useful.

I think the problem was that the code was calling window.opener.form when it appears in firefox you have to call window.opener.document.form. Since both work in FF and IE and since it seems there are only a few places in the code where we aren't calling window.opener.document I'll just update the code to do that.