Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
Solved 보존

How to "forget" a HSTS setting.

Yasushi

I am a web developer. I tried HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) in my developing website.

Now I want to cancel (forget) the HSTS setting for this site, but I cannot. Cannot I access my developing website with HTTP anymore?

I am a web developer. I tried HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) in my developing website. Now I want to cancel (forget) the HSTS setting for this site, but I cannot. Cannot I access my developing website with HTTP anymore?
문맥에 따라 이 답변을 읽어주세요

선택된 해결법

Thanks! Finally I resolved this problem!

Your first reply: "Forget About This Site" (via the right-click context menu of a history item) is the solution, but I guess that once I access the site with HSTS in a browser tab, the tab remembers the HSTS setting after "Forget About This Site".

I tried to reload with F5 key in the same tab, so I cannot access even after "Forget About This Site".

I can access with a new tab now.

Thank you very much, cor-el.

모든 댓글 (8)

Maybe "Forget About This Site" (via the right-click context menu of a history item) will help, but that will remove everything from that domain like bookmarks, cookies, passwords, cache, history, and exceptions, so be cautious if you decide to give that a try.

I tried "Forget About This Site" but still cannot access the developing site with HTTP. I guess the HSTS setting is saved in a different place from the history items.

Maybe rename secmod.db and if that still doesn't work cert8.db as well to see if that catches it.

I renamed secmod.db and cert8.db, but still cannot access.

Remove all files in my profiles folder => Cannot access. Private browsing mode => Can access! But I don't know why it works.

I want to access the site without private browsing mode.

Private Browsing bypasses the cache (disk cache is disabled) and gives you a new set of cookies.
So Firefox may be using the cache or data stored in the disk cache.

Did you already try to clear the cache?

  • Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"

You may need to use Clear Recent History with the time range set to everything to clear the cache.

선택된 해결법

Thanks! Finally I resolved this problem!

Your first reply: "Forget About This Site" (via the right-click context menu of a history item) is the solution, but I guess that once I access the site with HSTS in a browser tab, the tab remembers the HSTS setting after "Forget About This Site".

I tried to reload with F5 key in the same tab, so I cannot access even after "Forget About This Site".

I can access with a new tab now.

Thank you very much, cor-el.

You're welcome