Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
Solved 보존

Why does a notifier ask me to update Aurora when I am already updated to the latest Aurora?

jethogan

Pop up notifier at bottom right corner

Pop up notifier at bottom right corner

모든 댓글 (4)

Because aurora release update once or twice in a day.:)

선택된 해결법

Aurora is not say a single build of Firefox as you may have thought. It is the name of one of the development channels.

Development before then Nightly->Aurora->Beta->Then Release channel. When Firefox 10.0 is released the 11.0a2 will move/merge from Aurora to Beta channel.

Aurora gets patches that can happen every day and sometimes have gaps of two or three days in between as updates only happens when there are checkins. The Nightly get checkins frequently enough that it is pretty much each day and sometimes has a respin in same day.

Aurora is not really meant for regular Firefox users but for testers and for those who understand that it gets updates often.


Before and after a update type about: in the Location (address) bar and you will see that there is a new build date. There were updates on Dec 29, 30 and 31 also.

Your UA at present Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0a2) Gecko/20111228 Firefox/11.0a2

After update today it would be Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0a2) Gecko/20120101 Firefox/11.0a2

글쓴이 James 수정일시

Thanks James. I use the latest stable release of Firefox mostly. When I use Aurora sometimes, I think of myself as a guinea pig and then tell the Aurora doctor what I felt when he does something. Yeh, sometimes it is hit :-) or miss as in this case :-(.

Again, your answer is most appreciated.

글쓴이 jethogan 수정일시

Thanks Swarnava, I am surprised that voluntary workers work that hard :).