Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
Solved

Location of email database

michaeltdjones

I am moving the host of my email domain to a different provider and I want to protect my historical emails. I have set up the emails as POP3 so I should have all the emails on my PC, but in the past when I transferred my business email to a new host I didn't back up the database. So, when I put the new email host settings into outlook, it over-wrote the database and all my historical emails were wiped, and it turned out that my back up and archive pst files were both corrupted so couldn't restore them ( I have since managed to retrieve everything but it was a long process I don't want to go through again if I can help it). So I'd like to know where the database is stored so I can duplicate it first. Any help would be appreciated.

I am moving the host of my email domain to a different provider and I want to protect my historical emails. I have set up the emails as POP3 so I should have all the emails on my PC, but in the past when I transferred my business email to a new host I didn't back up the database. So, when I put the new email host settings into outlook, it over-wrote the database and all my historical emails were wiped, and it turned out that my back up and archive pst files were both corrupted so couldn't restore them ( I have since managed to retrieve everything but it was a long process I don't want to go through again if I can help it). So I'd like to know where the database is stored so I can duplicate it first. Any help would be appreciated.

모든 댓글 (3)

선택된 해결법

In thunderbird, there is no email database. Each message folder retains all messages. If your accounts are POP, an easy way to save them is to do this:

  1. install the importexporttools NG addon
  2. highlight a folder to be saved, rightclick, and select importexport option to export as mbox file
  3. next, highlight Local Folders, rightclick and select importexport option to import mbox
  4. repeat the prior 2 steps for each desired folder
  5. check that the copied folders are all correct
  6. you have now saved all the messages to Local Folders and the POP account may be removed.

Brilliant. Thank you David.

You are welcome. It was a pleasure to assist.

질문하기

글에 답글을 달기 위해서는 계정으로 로그인해야만 합니다. 계정이 아직 없다면 새로운 질문을 올려주세요.