Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
보존

Thunderbird Contacts versus iPhone Contacts.

b5sgq4wgh4

I have a iPhone 16 and in Contacts you are given the option to add a phone type. So instead of Home or Cell you can add a custom tag such as Shop or Home2 in the event one has two home phones. The problem is Thunderbird only has Six options for Phone Type. There is no custom. If I go on iCloud and I have a phone number set a Custom and named it Shop there is not a issue as both the phone and icloud support Custom tags. How does a person add that phone number into Thunderbird since Custom Tags are not a option? I even exported my data from Thunderbird to a VCard and went into Systools Split and Merge and it does not support Custom tags either. Systools does however give a few more options than Thunderbird, but none that I am aware of are configurable. I thought VCard was supposed to be a industry standard and the same across all platforms and clients? NOT SO.

I have a iPhone 16 and in Contacts you are given the option to add a phone type. So instead of Home or Cell you can add a custom tag such as Shop or Home2 in the event one has two home phones. The problem is Thunderbird only has Six options for Phone Type. There is no custom. If I go on iCloud and I have a phone number set a Custom and named it Shop there is not a issue as both the phone and icloud support Custom tags. How does a person add that phone number into Thunderbird since Custom Tags are not a option? I even exported my data from Thunderbird to a VCard and went into Systools Split and Merge and it does not support Custom tags either. Systools does however give a few more options than Thunderbird, but none that I am aware of are configurable. I thought VCard was supposed to be a industry standard and the same across all platforms and clients? NOT SO.

모든 댓글 (1)

Your comment on VCard being an industry standard seems a bit strong. A standard specifies the format, not that all possible content options are used. That is true also of CSV format, in that Thunderbird supports the format, but not all of the possible values. Thunderbird does support the VCard standard, such that exports in the format can be used elsewhere and imports that contain data elements that thunderbird can use are properly handled.