Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
보존

Disable View/Show Password Button

chayan.sengupta

How to disable Show Password button is Mozilla Thunderbird? I want it remember the passwords, just don't show it to end users, and no, I don't to use the Master Password feature. Is there any way?

How to disable Show Password button is Mozilla Thunderbird? I want it remember the passwords, just don't show it to end users, and no, I don't to use the Master Password feature. Is there any way?

모든 댓글 (6)

Use the Config Editor to toggle the parameter shown in the attachment.

Anyone who is determined to see the passwords can reverse the preference toggle, or reset a master password. Your best option is to password-protect operating-system user accounts and lock the computer when it is unattended.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Protect_the_profiles_contents

@stans, I have tried this earlier. Didn't work on the latest version.

@sfhowes, I am looking to deter casual curiosity.

Prefs like pref.privacy.disable_button.view_passwords only work when you lock them via an autoconfig.cfg file.

That should work in Thunderbird as well.

// disable Saved Passwords
lockPref("pref.privacy.disable_button.view_passwords", true);

@cor-el, tried this before posting the question. Doesn't work.

chayan.sengupta said

@cor-el, tried this before posting the question. Doesn't work.

It works, actually. I tried it in Tbird 68.9.0 and locked proxy settings and that password button setting.