Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
보존

BUG: Firefox ios v 18.1 (15719) Hide Images is broken since last update

not interesting

Hi,

Since the ios update on the 17th July 2019, the Hide Images option does not work. Firefox ios v 18.1 (15719) Steps to reproduce: 1. Start FF 2. Settings -> enable Hide Images 3. Open any website. 4. All images are loaded and displayed 5. Settings -> Toggle Hide Images : Result Images are hidden. 6. Open new tab with Hide Images enabled -> Images are loaded and displayed.

In other words, I have to load a site with images first before I can hide the images, which defeats the purpose. Before the update I could open sites with Hide Images enabled and the images did not display ( and I hope were not downloaded).

My mobile data plan is back to being raped, and I've stopped surfing, because I only used Firefox because I have a 500Mb mobile data plan per month.

Is this a known problem or an intentional change/Feature?

Regards, S.

Hi, Since the ios update on the 17th July 2019, the Hide Images option does not work. Firefox ios v 18.1 (15719) Steps to reproduce: 1. Start FF 2. Settings -> enable Hide Images 3. Open any website. 4. All images are loaded and displayed 5. Settings -> Toggle Hide Images : Result Images are hidden. 6. Open new tab with Hide Images enabled -> Images are loaded and displayed. In other words, I have to load a site with images first before I can hide the images, which defeats the purpose. Before the update I could open sites with Hide Images enabled and the images did not display ( and I hope were not downloaded). My mobile data plan is back to being raped, and I've stopped surfing, because I only used Firefox because I have a 500Mb mobile data plan per month. Is this a known problem or an intentional change/Feature? Regards, S.

모든 댓글 (7)

Hi,

Just noticed the forum does not handle newlines well so am posting the steps to reproduce again:

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start FF
  2. Settings -> enable Hide Images
  3. Open any website.
  4. All images are loaded and displayed
  5. Settings -> Toggle Hide Images : Result Images are hidden.
  6. Open new tab with Hide Images enabled -> Images are loaded and displayed.

Thanks, as I can see this issue has been fixed 4 days ago. Hopefully there will be release soon.

howdytom said

Thanks, as I can see this issue has been fixed 4 days ago. Hopefully there will be release soon.

Nope. It's been 8 days and no release. I am not hopeful. How many people actually disable Images?

"The issue will be tracked and is already being fixed here: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues/5270. Thanks."

And on that link, "rvankeeley added a commit to garvankeeley/firefox-ios that referenced this issue 12 days ago @garvankeeley Fix mozilla-mobile#5270 - no image mode not persisting 9d40dab "

The code change is here: https://github.com/garvankeeley/firefox-ios/commit/9d40dab7ab4063fe330d6142d25e58ea9312b698

But no release was created.

It's been 8 days and no release. I am not hopeful. How many people actually disable Images?

Don't get me wrong. What do you expect? I don't know Mozilla release roadmap, but usually multiple bugfixes will be addressed prior roll-out. So, yes you have to be patient.

I shall be patient. Sorry to come across stressful. I notice on ios that, in general, application releases are far less frequent than on Android, and this I must get used to.