Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
Solved 보존

How do I prevent firefox from automatically filling in usernames and passwords without completely disabling auto-fill?

OliviaWolfie0

I'm an active user of form auto-fill, but I recently noticed it adds it automatically on some sites. Meaning it adds it without me doing anything. For an instance, if I go in on a site where I have an account (note: a single one) and log out, the login is automatically added. Trying to figure out whether or not I can disable it leads me to [this](https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/control-whether-firefox-automatically-fills-forms). The problem being I can only disable it completely, meaning it won't remember anything. I want it to remember forms, but not fill it in without me trying to fill it in.

Reproduction is really simple: find a site where you have one account stored in auto-fill (two or more doesn't work; it has to be one) and make sure you're logged out. Go to an applicable login page and the credentials should be added without user interaction.

My question: Is it possible to prevent Firefox from automatically filling the form without user interaction without disabling auto-fill completely?

I'm an active user of form auto-fill, but I recently noticed it adds it automatically on some sites. Meaning it adds it without me doing anything. For an instance, if I go in on a site where I have an account (note: a single one) and log out, the login is automatically added. Trying to figure out whether or not I can disable it leads me to [this](https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/control-whether-firefox-automatically-fills-forms). The problem being I can only disable it completely, meaning it won't remember anything. I want it to remember forms, but not fill it in without me trying to fill it in. Reproduction is really simple: find a site where you have one account stored in auto-fill (two or more doesn't work; it has to be one) and make sure you're logged out. Go to an applicable login page and the credentials should be added without user interaction. My question: Is it possible to prevent Firefox from automatically filling the form without user interaction without disabling auto-fill completely?

모든 댓글 (1)

선택된 해결법

hi, yes you can change it like this: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named signon.autofillForms. double-click it and change its value to false.