Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
보존

Why is my places file corrupt?

thisis4me

Sometimes after closing the browser when I re-open it all the icons for my bookmarks have disappeared. On checking my Mozilla Roaming folder the file named places.sqlite is shown as "corrupt". I have a backup Profiles folder so I can copy the files across and get my icons back but why is this happening now with version 39.0 when it has never happened before?

Sometimes after closing the browser when I re-open it all the icons for my bookmarks have disappeared. On checking my Mozilla Roaming folder the file named places.sqlite is shown as "corrupt". I have a backup Profiles folder so I can copy the files across and get my icons back but why is this happening now with version 39.0 when it has never happened before?

모든 댓글 (3)

Any computer can be corrupted for countless reasons.

Places Maintenance {web link} Allows to run Maintenance tasks on the database that drives Places, the bookmarks and history module behind Firefox.


These can't get your data back, but will help in the future.

These add-ons can be a great help by backing up and restoring Firefox

FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension) {web link} FEBE allows you to quickly and easily backup your Firefox extensions, history, passwords, and more. In fact, it goes beyond just backing up -- It will actually rebuild your saved files individually into installable .xpi files. It will also make backup of files that you choose.

OPIE {web link} Import/Export extension preferences

I've never lost any of those bookmark/places icons before version 39.0 and I've been using Firefox for at least five years. Also, I usually look through my Roaming files and was surprised to find the places.sqlite file marked with the word "corrupt" - and this has happened twice this week.

I made it happen again by closing down the browser with two or three websites still open. The file 'places.sqlite' changes to 'places.sqlite.corrupt' (i.e. the word 'corrupt' is now the extension). By deleting this extension and putting it back with 'sqlite' as the extension my icons are back.