Why do vids freeze while sound continues
How do I get an answer
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back soon.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Besttoolbars NPAPI utils
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Hate to say this but where is the location bar. Also My head is swimming with all the help that is being offered. Thanks all
Please try running your computer in safe mode with network connections enabled.
Does the issue go away when your Windows is in safe mode?
We are glad to help.
The location bar is located at the very top of the Firefox window, in most cases.
It will display the URL of the currently displayed website.
It does not seem to block anything.
Starting in Firefox 23, if a secure page includes certain types of insecure content, Firefox blocks the insecure content and a shield icon will appear in the address bar. See this article for more information about the new mixed content blocker: Mixed content blocking in Firefox
To temporarily allow the mixed content to be displayed:
- Click the shield icon in the address bar and choose Disable Protection on This Page from the dropdown menu.
To allow insecure content to be displayed in all secure pages, enter about:config in the address bar and double-click on this preference, to toggle it from true to false:
You can also use this add-on instead, to toggle the preference:
- Toggle Mixed active content add-on
You may want to do this only for the current session, then reset the preference back to "true" and check back with the site to see whether it's been fixed, since this is a global setting that exposes you on all sites, not just the one you care about.
Let us know if this helps!
Does this issue occur on any particular videos/sites or just videos in general?
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
Yes but no shield
Have you tried my previous suggestion about trying Windows in safe mode with network connections enabled?
I found both. Do I eliminate one? and which one
You found both of what?
yes I tried safe mode, still freezes
Can you please attempt to remove Flash Player and reinstall it for Firefox from this site?
Sorry, two versions of Shockwave/flashplayer
If you have two active versions Shockwave, please remove one.
They are most likely conflicting each other and causing this issue.
Please report back soon.
It says that 11.r602 is vulnerable Should it be deleted
That version is outdated.
I disabled it should I delete and how do I delete. R602
You shouldn't have multiple versions of a program installed on your computer.
Try removing the program from the Windows Add/Remove Programs tool.
If you cannot find the specific version, please try removing Adobe Flash Player completely and preforming a reinstall.
I have shockwave flash in about plugins but how do I delete or is disbable enough.
I will reinstall the r900 version. but r602 is still listed in my plugins I think I have done all I can do today. Thank you