Why do vids freeze while sound continues
How do I get an answer
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back soon.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Besttoolbars NPAPI utils
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
I'll check back in tomorrow.
You will need to restart your computer for the plugins for Adobe to be removed from Firefox.
I took me three tries to load flashplayer and the freeze persist If I move the cursor the video will play but if I stop the video freezes.
This same issue is occurring on my mother's computer.
I'm currently researching into what is causing the issue.
I'll get back to you when I find a solution.
Thank you, I will await your reply.
To cor-el and ComputerWhiz Disabled hardware acc and did not work. internet explorer vid play. Internet explorer wants to add a flash player which I am not going to do for now
Please feel free to temporarily use Internet Explorer to watch videos while we search for a solution to your problem.
We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Anyone found a solution to video freezing. Internet explorer work well, but I want to use my Firefox bookmarks and other freezes. Some vids run smoothly. The Huffington Post with add appear to show the problem. I think they are youtube links. I havenot turned off the protected mode and that is the only suggestion I didn't try because it seems extreme. I have read threads that doing this will cause vulnerability. I am not sure if it is a mozilla, flash player or aol/huffington post problem. thanks
Mysteriously Checked to see if hardware acc was disabled and it was. Checked it on the off and shut down FF and a download box appeared that was too quick for me to see what it was Vids work smoothly now. I hope it stays fixed. Thanks for help
I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved.
If you have not already, please mark this thread as solved by marking the solution.
This will help other users experiencing similar problems find help faster and more efficiently.
I hope you continue using our products and thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.
Disabling hardware acc appeared to have worked