შეკითხვების ჩვენება ამ საკითხზე:

How to turn off warning about recipients seeing addresses so use bcc

As per title, if I have a large enough distn list I get a warning bar (see image) with The x recipients in To and Cc will see each other's address. You can avoid disclo… (ვრცლად)

As per title, if I have a large enough distn list I get a warning bar (see image) with The x recipients in To and Cc will see each other's address. You can avoid disclosing by using Bcc instead. Then two options, which appears to require a response. ( I haven't tested not acknowledging it and sending a blank email to one of my large lists as I don't want to appear incompetent to all my work colleagues)

This helpful warning is (emotively) treating me like an idiot. I am well aware of the 3 categories and I know how to use them. I don't need to be told each time and have to choose. I don't need a warning, if I stuff up that's my problem.

The issue for me is that recently I have started to use some larger distn lists so it's occurring too frequently.

Have searched but so far missed any option or config setting to disable this. Can anyone please advise how to do so, if it is possible.

This isn't asking for a debate on whether or not it's a good idea to warn people who don't understand email sending options (you can guess my view but each to their own). I'm simply asking is there a way to turn this behaviour off and stop TB from wasting my time requiring a response.

Thanks.

გადაწვეტილი 2

Thunderbird has changed the layout of my screen and dropped SPLIT SCREEN mode

I have been trying to find an help email address for Thunderbird, as my copy has changed the layout of my screen and dropped the email display window that normally displa… (ვრცლად)

I have been trying to find an help email address for Thunderbird, as my copy has changed the layout of my screen and dropped the email display window that normally displays the email I select BELOW the email list in a SPLIT SCREEN mode.

გადაწვეტილი 1

i'm not seeing my replies to an email with the received email

i'm using thunderbird for my email messaging. when i reply to an email, why doesn't it show up in the inbox along with received email i replied to? it is nice to see the … (ვრცლად)

i'm using thunderbird for my email messaging. when i reply to an email, why doesn't it show up in the inbox along with received email i replied to? it is nice to see the whole thread at once.

გადაწვეტილი 1

Feature request - larger, permanent scroll bars option

I am requesting that the update team consider providing an option for larger and permanent scroll bars. The current small, disappearing scroll bars require more accurate … (ვრცლად)

I am requesting that the update team consider providing an option for larger and permanent scroll bars. The current small, disappearing scroll bars require more accurate placement of the cursor than is easy and sometimes results in false signals to Thunderbird to scroll as you try to center the cursor. I know I spend several seconds messing with it each time I want to scroll up or down or just go to the next line as I'm reading. This may be a request to accommodate the elder community, who often has less fine motor control in their hands.

გადაწვეტილი 3

Task list renders garbled glyphs (titles and dates), rest of Thunderbird fine

In the Tasks tab, every task title and every due date is rendered as unreadable glyphs with stacked diacritics (see screenshot). Column headers, the mini calendar, mail a… (ვრცლად)

In the Tasks tab, every task title and every due date is rendered as unreadable glyphs with stacked diacritics (see screenshot). Column headers, the mini calendar, mail and the calendar view all display normally. Because the dates are garbled too, this looks like a font or rendering problem rather than corrupted data.

Thunderbird version: 156.0.1 Operating system: Mac Tahoe 26.6 Troubleshoot Mode: problem persists. Hardware acceleration off: no dif. Different default font: [not tried]

Any ideas?

ღია

Consitent font size across HTML mail and signature in Thunderbird

Hi community, I want to have the same font and font-size in: my HTML message body text my signature.html file so I can send consistent and nice-looking e-mails, like … (ვრცლად)

Hi community,

I want to have the same font and font-size in:

  • my HTML message body text
  • my signature.html file

so I can send consistent and nice-looking e-mails, like you would expect.

Here are my current settings:

  • Settings > General > Language & Fonts > Fonts >
    • Default font: Arial
    • Size: 12
    • Advanced: For both "Latin" and "Other Writing Systems" I have the settings you can see in the attached screenshots.

I heard that these settings are for personal viewing.

  • Settings > Composition > HTML Style >
    • Font: Arial
    • Size: Medium

I heard that these settings are for viewing by recipients.

The first line of my signature.html file looks like this: div style="font-family: 'Arial'; color: #222; line-height: 1.0; font-size: 14px;"

There is always a slight font size mismatch of the message text with my signature.

I unsuccesfully tried tweaking the html font size values in px or pt to match the given size in Settings > Composition > HTML Style for Medium or Large.

It seems that the available font size granularity of Medium or Large just does not match corresponding pixel or point values?

I would be extremely grateful if someone can guide me on how to achieve this!

If there is no valid solution for this problem, I'm happy to open/report an issue on this.

Thank you and have a wonderful day

გადაწვეტილი 7 70

Why are "all" of my filters still not working correctly (bug2068847??) - "Applying filter actions failed" and "Filter run failed"

Enclosed are jpg copies of the current sets of filters failures in my TB email program. TB Error0 shows the 6 emails that have arrived and are placed in the INBOX. Howev… (ვრცლად)

Enclosed are jpg copies of the current sets of filters failures in my TB email program.

TB Error0 shows the 6 emails that have arrived and are placed in the INBOX. However, each of these has a corresponding filter set up to move them upon arrival to a separate subject email mailbox.

Note: If I highlight the INBOX and then go to Tools > Run Filters On Folder ... all of these INBOX email messages will be correctly filtered and moved to their respective email mailbox, BUT each of them is shown as having been "read" and unless you pay close attention, you may not know where these INBOX emails were sent.

I am also enclosing TB Error1 & 2 that show the last couple of days message filtering errors.

I can find nothing wrong with how each of these filters are set up, yet they seem to consistently fail to operate when new emails arrive.

Note one of them is for incoming emails from ... schiffsovereign.com. I have edited this filter repeatedly, even deleted it and re-input the information. Yet the filter never takes hold and does what it is designed to do. I am enclosing a jpg of that specific filter as TB Error3

I am looking for suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Thank you and best wishes,

/s/ James T Saint, CCIM COO

გადაწვეტილი 11 51

I have lost message in conversation for my emails

I have lost Open message in conversation for my emails, We have 2 main computers & 1 still has it , but mine lost ( have asked my tech guy & spent several hours o… (ვრცლად)

I have lost Open message in conversation for my emails, We have 2 main computers & 1 still has it , but mine lost ( have asked my tech guy & spent several hours on this ) , currently , I have to walk to the other computer to use this VERY usefuil , normal ability

I can't read the trail of emails that have been sent so very tricky

Cheers , Very much Craig

ღია 2

Retention Policy - Delete all but the most recent 10 messages

I have created an IMAP folder and set the Retention Policy to "Delete all but the most recent 10 messages". When I copy in 10 messages from this month and 1 message from … (ვრცლად)

I have created an IMAP folder and set the Retention Policy to "Delete all but the most recent 10 messages".

When I copy in 10 messages from this month and 1 message from 5 months ago, in that order, one of the messages from this month is subsequently deleted by the retention policy, rather than the oldest message by date.

I am having trouble finding documentation on what should be the expected behaviour. Should I expect messages to be deleted oldest to newest by message date, or deleted according to the order they are copied to the IMAP folder as seems to be the case?

ღია

How Can I View All Messages in my Folders Automatically?

Hello, I hope you're doing well. I have noticed that Thunderbird forces me to click a drop arrow to view my messages in every single folder, as shown in the screenshot. … (ვრცლად)

Hello,

I hope you're doing well.

I have noticed that Thunderbird forces me to click a drop arrow to view my messages in every single folder, as shown in the screenshot. I do not want this.

How can I set Thunderbird to automatically show all emails in my folders?

Thank you in advance!

გადაწვეტილი 2

change priority order of email...

I have also the small and simple problem of this old question: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1419582 if there is a solution or a workaround for ordering the… (ვრცლად)

I have also the small and simple problem of this old question: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1419582 if there is a solution or a workaround for ordering the addresses it qould be nice regards Domenico

ღია

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Ok, so my Thunderbird updated this week to a new version, which I don't like very much but that's besides the point. Anyway, I always leave Thunderbird open (24/7) and I… (ვრცლად)

Ok, so my Thunderbird updated this week to a new version, which I don't like very much but that's besides the point. Anyway, I always leave Thunderbird open (24/7) and I have a notification sound to let me know when mail comes in that I have been using for well over a decade now, but as of this last update my Thunderbird no longer plays that sound at all. I have tried every fix I could find online (ie: checking if its muted in volume mixer, making sure the default/proper sound source is selected, changing the drive for the custom notification sound, you name it I tried it) and NOTHING works. Even trying to use just the basic default notification sound doesn't work at all anymore. I have even gone to the length of completely reinstall Thunderbird itself but the problem persists.

When I click PLAY in the settings it plays the sound just fine, any sound I select, so I KNOW the sound is perfectly fine...it's Thunderbird itself that seems to be broken. It just will not play ANY notification sounds all of a sudden.

I need an email client open, and I absolutely NEED the notification sound. I have been using Thunderbird for like 15 yrs, I really really don't want to have to switch to a new client over something like this, but like I said I NEED that notification sound and if I can't get it working again I'll have no choice.

can anyone help PLEASE?!?! I'm desperate!

ღია

Reply text is tiny and I dont know how to increase the font size

Hi I am using TB 156.0 (64-bit) on Linux. I guess there was an update t TB and now when I reply or forward an email, the font size of the text is tiny. I also found that … (ვრცლად)

Hi I am using TB 156.0 (64-bit) on Linux. I guess there was an update t TB and now when I reply or forward an email, the font size of the text is tiny. I also found that the font size for just viewing the body text of an email was tiny, but I was able to fix that. But for the font size in the body of a reply or forwarded email is tiny and I have gone thru all the settings for hours with no luck. Any help much appreciated.

გადაწვეტილი 2 30

default actions http/s not working unless use open in Browser as a link..

I used to be able to 'click' an email link,.. and the page would auto open in chrome,.. with a message at the top of the screen informing me this was happening. For some … (ვრცლად)

I used to be able to 'click' an email link,.. and the page would auto open in chrome,.. with a message at the top of the screen informing me this was happening. For some reason I must now use right button, and open in browser,.. in order to open the email link provided. s/w as follows:- Name Thunderbird Version 156.0 Build ID 20260915113124 Distribution ID ubuntu-snap-build User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:156.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/156.0 OS Linux 7.0.0-34-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Sep 2 14:29:37 UTC 2026 OS Theme Yaru-yellow / Adwaita Application Binary /snap/thunderbird/1259/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin

I have tried deleting the handler.json file but this does not fix or resolve the issue. My current Files & Attachments,.. has just a pdf entry,... set to preview in Thunderbird,.. and this duly open pdf's in a TB tab.

I have found the config editor settings,... for network.protocol-handler.external.http and network.protocol-handler.external.https and can verify they are set to true

But I still cannot just click on an email link,.. and have it open in my default browser.... Can anyone offer some options as to what i am doing looking where,.. wrong. Many Tx

ღია 1

Auto correct "i" to "I".....how?

When i compose an email in TB i have to go back and correct. When i use Outlook 2019 (now possibly migrating to TB and / or Betterbird) i never have this issue… (ვრცლად)

When i compose an email in TB i have to go back and correct. When i use Outlook 2019 (now possibly migrating to TB and / or Betterbird) i never have this issue as it always corrects the "i" to "I" when creating a sentence using UK language and dictionary pack settings. Why can't i do this with TB when composing.

Is there a setting for this. Many thanks in advance.

ღია 2 31