Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
ღია

FireFox will no longer open a PDFs in Mac Default viewer.

Kristina

After the last Firefox update, I can no longer open download files (PDFs) from websites in Mac Default Viewer. I have tried the other settings such as open with Adobe, Ask, etc., but they continue to only open in the browser. For work, I download hundreds of documents from a county site, so having them open in my default viewer when I click the link was very useful for a productive work flow. I have tried to open files with my viewer from other sites, but it fails with those too. My tech team tried to help but seems to be a Firefox issue. Settings - Downloads - Files and Applications - PDF - Use Preview (or anything else) is not working. Firefox 157.01, Apple M2 Pro, Tahoe 26.6.2.

After the last Firefox update, I can no longer open download files (PDFs) from websites in Mac Default Viewer. I have tried the other settings such as open with Adobe, Ask, etc., but they continue to only open in the browser. For work, I download hundreds of documents from a county site, so having them open in my default viewer when I click the link was very useful for a productive work flow. I have tried to open files with my viewer from other sites, but it fails with those too. My tech team tried to help but seems to be a Firefox issue. Settings - Downloads - Files and Applications - PDF - Use Preview (or anything else) is not working. Firefox 157.01, Apple M2 Pro, Tahoe 26.6.2.

ყველა პასუხი (1)

Right now you can only use a fallback, switching pdfjs.disabled to true in about:config.

დასვით კითხვა

უნდა შეხვიდეთ ანგარიშზე პასუხის დასაწერად. გთხოვთ, დასვათ ახალი შეკითხვა, თუ ჯერ არ გაქვთ ანგარიში.