Cannot download files or change settings
This morning, I can no longer download (Save) files to my computer, nor check/change settings in Firefox. Tried all troubleshooting steps to no avail.
If I delete and reinstall Firefox, will I lose all my Bookmarks, etc.? Running version 157.0 (aarch64).
Appreciate any help!
ყველა პასუხი (3)
By troubleshooting steps, I mean things like starting Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode, checking whether the problem happens with extensions disabled, and trying Firefox’s profile or settings recovery options. Since you cannot download files or change settings, I would first try Help → Troubleshoot Mode. If the problem still happens there, the Firefox profile itself may be damaged or have a permissions problem.
I would not uninstall Firefox yet. Backing up your Firefox profile first would be the safest way to protect your bookmarks and other saved data.
Tried Troubleshoot Mode with the same results - No Download (Save) possible.
It's been so long since I first started using Firefox, I have no idea how to check for Profile damage or Permissions issues. Back to you, sir.
There seem to be some missing permissions necessary for Downloads folder in recent macOS versions.
You can either look in System Settings if you can grant Firefox the disk access permissions, or try changing the checkbox whether to ask for download location or not, and see if the system prompts for the permission that way?