Showing questions for topic:

Logging in to EE I am asked for my Passkey but I don't have one, what do I do

When I try to log in to EE, I am asked for my passkey. I don't have one, presumably it is on a thumb drive but none of mine offer the solution. Neither do I remember se… (続きを読む)

When I try to log in to EE, I am asked for my passkey. I don't have one, presumably it is on a thumb drive but none of mine offer the solution. Neither do I remember setting one up. Seeking further information I am told it is required by Firefox. I have searched Settings but no joy. Can you help?

Thank you, Robin Brookes

Open 1

Firefox on Windows only requests a USB security key for my Meta passkey instead of allowing my iPhone passkey

I use Firefox on Windows to manage Meta Business Suite for my business, Goff Housing Solutions. Facebook, Meta Business Suite and Ads Manager all open normally in Firefox… (続きを読む)

I use Firefox on Windows to manage Meta Business Suite for my business, Goff Housing Solutions. Facebook, Meta Business Suite and Ads Manager all open normally in Firefox.

The problem occurs when I open the protected Meta Business Portfolio Settings. Meta requires my existing passkey for accounts.meta.com. After I click Continue, Firefox invokes Windows Security, but the only authentication method presented is:

“Security key — Insert your security key into the USB port.”

I have never owned or configured a physical USB security key.

I confirmed that the correct accounts.meta.com passkeys are stored in Apple Passwords on my iPhone. The iPhone can access Meta Business Suite and the protected Business Portfolio Settings normally.

As a control test, I opened the same Meta/Facebook account and the same Goff Housing Solutions Business Portfolio on this same Windows computer using Google Chrome. Chrome opens the protected Business Portfolio Settings successfully.

Therefore, my Meta account, Business Portfolio, permissions, 2FA and existing passkey appear to be working. The problem seems specific to Firefox/Windows passkey handling: Firefox/Windows is treating the authentication request as requiring a physical USB security key rather than offering the existing passkey on my nearby iPhone (for example via QR code/phone authentication).

How can I make Firefox on Windows use my existing accounts.meta.com passkey from my iPhone instead of requesting a physical USB security key?

I do not want to delete/recreate my Meta passkeys, disable 2FA, reset my Meta account, or create a new Business Portfolio because all of those are currently working.

Open 8

Re: AOL.COM Login issues on Firefox

Dear Mozilla Firefox! Of late, you have been blocking my access to my AOL.COM Accounts and email No matter how much I try, you keep coming up with a Firefox Security Dia… (続きを読む)

Dear Mozilla Firefox!

Of late, you have been blocking my access to my AOL.COM Accounts and email No matter how much I try, you keep coming up with a Firefox Security Dialogue box, asking me to insert my Security key into a USB port, which practically makes no sense,

This is what happens: At the start, AOL.COM presents a page with 4 icons: a Padlock, Face, Thumb, and Burst. And underneath is written: "You'll scan a QR code to sign in with passkey". Next is below.

When I click Next, I am presented with your Firefox Dialogue box, and in it is written:

Windows Security Making sure it's you

Please sign in to login.aol.com

This request comes from Firefox,m, published by Mozilla Corporation

                                         Flash drive icon

Insert your security key into the

                      USB port.
                                          
                                         Cancel 

Firefox, where is the Security key, where is the USB, and why a Flash drive icon?

When I click Cancel, I am sent back to the beginning, and the whole exercise starts all over again.

So why are you blocking my access to my AOL.COM Account and email?

A quick response is needed.

Kind regards,

DR CLEMENT AKATENG MD

Open 1

STOP - save your passkey

I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. WHY ARE YOU INSISTING THAT I SET A PASSKEY, I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. WHY ISN'T MY PASSWORD ENOUGH, I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. MY PASSWORD WORKED F… (続きを読む)

I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. WHY ARE YOU INSISTING THAT I SET A PASSKEY, I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. WHY ISN'T MY PASSWORD ENOUGH, I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. MY PASSWORD WORKED FOR YEARS THAT IS WHY, I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. KEEP MAKING YOUR CHANGES FOR SECURITY, BUT GIVE ME A CHANCE TO SAY NO, I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY. I DO NOT WANT A PASSKEY.

Open 5

Unable to set up passkey with thumb drive

Mozilla passkey will not download to thumb drive. Am I missing something when attempting to set up a passkey through USB connection? Using Windows 10 on a laptop. Regards… (続きを読む)

Mozilla passkey will not download to thumb drive. Am I missing something when attempting to set up a passkey through USB connection? Using Windows 10 on a laptop. Regards, George

Open

How do I save my Firefox passkey to a third-party password Manager?

I was creating two-factor authentication for my account and when I tried to create a passkey the only options were to use iPhone, iPad, or Android device, or Security key… (続きを読む)

I was creating two-factor authentication for my account and when I tried to create a passkey the only options were to use iPhone, iPad, or Android device, or Security key (see screenshot).

There's no option to add the passkey to a password manager (I'm using BitWarden).

I'm using Firefox Version 155.0 (64-bit) on Windows 11 (25H2).

Open

Well-known (webauthn) not working firefox version 140.14.0

Hello team, I've implemented passkey (webauthn). All browsers working fine along with firefox for regular passkey But we implemented ROR (well-known/webauthn)… (続きを読む)

Hello team,

            I've implemented passkey (webauthn). All browsers working fine along with firefox for regular passkey But we implemented ROR (well-known/webauthn) for cross domain using rpid (https://web.dev/articles/webauthn-related-origin-requests). Only this is failing for cross domain passkey in firefox where other browsers working good. I am using firefox version 140.14.0. I know its bit old but just asking does it support? We've some limitation so not able to test latest version of firefox. I am getting below error in console

"A resource is blocked by OpaqueResponseBlocking."

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.


Regards! Sourav

Open 4

Facebook security login failure on firefox

Hi, the problem is simple: I cannot pass the security gate of Facebook/Meta at passkey scan. Just because Firefox engine doesn't fire the passkey options from Windows Sec… (続きを読む)

Hi, the problem is simple: I cannot pass the security gate of Facebook/Meta at passkey scan. Just because Firefox engine doesn't fire the passkey options from Windows Security.

May the dev team see this before I switch to Chrome as my default browser, as this has been inconvenient for months. And you won't happen to see this bug.

To the community, if you know how to fix it, would love to get your advice.

Thanks, T.

Open 3

Set up passkey

Hello, I am trying to set up firefox to add a passkey to sign in into bitwarden. In bitwarden I added my Yubico key in order sign in into my account. Unfortunately, when … (続きを読む)

Hello,

I am trying to set up firefox to add a passkey to sign in into bitwarden.

In bitwarden I added my Yubico key in order sign in into my account. Unfortunately, when I try to log back into my account with my Yubico key it doesn't work.

Does firefox support passkey ?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Open 1

How can I find a Firefox version that accepts passkeys?

I want to use passkeys while also using Firefox. I read an online article that says this function is considered to be experimental. If so, it seems that it is experimenta… (続きを読む)

I want to use passkeys while also using Firefox. I read an online article that says this function is considered to be experimental. If so, it seems that it is experimental only with Firefox. I'm able to use them on every other browser I have. Where is the Firefox version that supports them?

Open 4

Passkey request!

I can't log on my Amazon account because I keep getting a request for a passkey setup from Firefox with a USB. This goes beyond my tech savvy. I was working fine before. … (続きを読む)

I can't log on my Amazon account because I keep getting a request for a passkey setup from Firefox with a USB. This goes beyond my tech savvy. I was working fine before. This started with my last order with Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Can this situation be resolved from my Mozilla account and how?

Open 2