Hi, I’ve been having a really weird issue with Firefox’s Browser Toolbox and I’m hoping someone can help me figure out what’s going on. I’ve been using Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I f… (続きを読む)
Hi, I’ve been having a really weird issue with Firefox’s Browser Toolbox and I’m hoping someone can help me figure out what’s going on. I’ve been using Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I for months to select different parts of Firefox’s UI and change their CSS colors in the Rules panel, and it’s always worked fine for me. Recently, though, my CSS changes stopped affecting the browser UI like they normally did. It seems to happen with different parts of Firefox, including the toolbar, sidebar, and about:preferences.
I’m not very experienced with CSS, so I’m not even sure if the way I’ve been doing this is still correct or if something changed with Firefox recently. I’ve already tried restarting Firefox and reinstalling it, including trying Firefox Developer Edition, but the issue is still there. I also made a completely new PC account, installed Firefox there from scratch, and tested it just to see if the problem was somehow specific to my account or setup, but the exact same thing happened there too.
I’ve tried asking on Reddit’s Firefox CSS community as well. Only two people replied and they both gave me suggestions, but unfortunately neither worked. I’ve also privately messaged people asking if they could give me a guide or help me figure out what I’m doing wrong, but nothing has really helped. I even reported it on Bugzilla, but I still haven’t gotten anywhere with it.
At this point I’m honestly pretty confused and frustrated because I’ve tried so many things and I still can’t figure out what’s causing it. I know it’s not a huge issue, but I really enjoy customizing Firefox, and it sucks opening it up and seeing the boring default UI when I know I could customize it before.