Showing questions for topic:

After recent update my bookmarks toolbar appears blank.

After a recent update my bookmarks toolbar appears blank. It is shown, but empty. When I go to the bookmarks menu I find all of the bookmarks shown as being on my bookm… (続きを読む)

After a recent update my bookmarks toolbar appears blank. It is shown, but empty. When I go to the bookmarks menu I find all of the bookmarks shown as being on my bookmarks toolbar. How do I get them back where they belong?

Open 1 1

I have not figured out how to clear/delete Recent Bookmarks.

When I start Firefox, open the application menu, and select Bookmarks, about 50 Bookmarks are displayed under "Recent bookmarks". Many of the bookmarks are not recent.… (続きを読む)

When I start Firefox, open the application menu, and select Bookmarks, about 50 Bookmarks are displayed under "Recent bookmarks". Many of the bookmarks are not recent. Some are months old and several might be years old.

I've used Firefox for years and only noticed this because I'm trying to help a friend who is having trouble with and old Windows 10 laptop. I installed Firefox 1560.1 (64bit) and added a lot of folders and bookmarks using "Manage bookmarks" or Ctrl-Shift-o. It currently only has 42 bookmarks displayed under "Recent Bookmarks" because I started Rt-clicking and deleting them before I figured that this deletes the bookmark that I had added to a folder in addition to removing it from the Recent bookmark list.

I feel this feature (Recent Bookmarks) totally negates the privacy and security that the Clear Browsing data and Never remember history options USED to give me.

Solved 7

Bookmarks keep rearranging themselves in the bookmarks toolbar

I've been having this problem for about 10 years. It was raised in this thread but never solved. When I launch Firefox, several recent bookmarks that had been at the bott… (続きを読む)

I've been having this problem for about 10 years. It was raised in this thread but never solved.

When I launch Firefox, several recent bookmarks that had been at the bottom of a folder have moved to the top of the folder.

Moderator note: This question has been edited to correct the formatting.

Open 2 1 50

I had a number of website logos along the upper taskbar, now I can't get them back!

For some unknown reason, I recently changed my "search engine" from StartPage to just the regular Firefox search (which is what I prefer) but I lost the bookmarked websit… (続きを読む)

For some unknown reason, I recently changed my "search engine" from StartPage to just the regular Firefox search (which is what I prefer) but I lost the bookmarked website logos that were along the upper (or right side) of my toolbar....I can't figure out how to get them back the way they were! HELP!!

This is my Firefox browser on a home laptop running Windows 11

Solved 1

Can't save bookmarks in Firebox browser

Customer Support, I downloaded Firefox browser just a few days ago. During that time, I saved some website addresses in my Bookmarks but today when I went in to look at m… (続きを読む)

Customer Support,

I downloaded Firefox browser just a few days ago. During that time, I saved some website addresses in my Bookmarks but today when I went in to look at my bookmarks, all of them were gone!

Could you please help me solve this problem? I usually use bookmarks all the time.

Thank you, Lori

Open 1

New web page will not save to folder of choice in Bookmarks Toolbar.

When I try to save a new URL, Web Page, by clicking on the "Star" on the tool bar menu, then selection my existing folder for my chosen location it is not saved, at least… (続きを読む)

When I try to save a new URL, Web Page, by clicking on the "Star" on the tool bar menu, then selection my existing folder for my chosen location it is not saved, at least most of the time. It is however saved under Recently Bookmarked and is also in Manage Bookmarks. I can force it to save by selecting Bookmarks Menu. It then is at the bottom of all my saved folder. I then can copy and paste into my folder of choice. What do I need to do to make it save to the folder of choice immediately?

Thanks, James

Open 9 1

Why is Firefox losing my bookmarks? They're being replaced with a little globe, and they don't work.

Why is Firefox losing my bookmarks? They're being replaced with a little globe, and they don't work. Also, yesterday's history was lacking at least two-thirds of the site… (続きを読む)

Why is Firefox losing my bookmarks? They're being replaced with a little globe, and they don't work. Also, yesterday's history was lacking at least two-thirds of the sites I visited.

Open 1

I can't see bookmarks on the RH menu but only on the LH when I click 'manage bookmarks. How do I move the bookmark folders so that they appear on the RH.

I can't see bookmarks on the RH menu but only on the LH when I click 'manage bookmarks. How do I move the bookmark folders so that they appear on the RH. This happened at… (続きを読む)

I can't see bookmarks on the RH menu but only on the LH when I click 'manage bookmarks. How do I move the bookmark folders so that they appear on the RH. This happened at the last software update.

Open 6

Bookmarks don't work

When I save the bookmarks to the toolbar they work fine but when I close and reopen firefox they bookmarks don't work. They are there but inactive and do not work. How do… (続きを読む)

When I save the bookmarks to the toolbar they work fine but when I close and reopen firefox they bookmarks don't work. They are there but inactive and do not work. How do I save bookmarks so they open everytime I open firefox?

Open

Is there a way to remove recent bookmarks from the book marks pull down?

Is there a way to remove "recent bookmarks" from the book marks pull down menu? Or at least hide them. It causes a total lack of privacy when any and all bookmarks can be… (続きを読む)

Is there a way to remove "recent bookmarks" from the book marks pull down menu? Or at least hide them. It causes a total lack of privacy when any and all bookmarks can be seen in full view. Seems a stupid thing to not be able to hide them. Other browsers only show book marks when you go to the folder they are in.

Open 1

Where are my bookmarks?

I clicked on the bookmarks icon to open one up, and there's nothing there. where did my bookmarks go? It's been a week, maybe, since I last used the bookmarks menu … (続きを読む)

I clicked on the bookmarks icon to open one up, and there's nothing there. where did my bookmarks go? It's been a week, maybe, since I last used the bookmarks menu

Open 5 1

Greetings. When I try to put in a new bookmark, the location scroll locks more often than not. Very frustrating. Have to reopen several times for positive response. How to correct?

I continuously have a problem trying to get the location scroll bar to execute when I bookmark an item. It never scrolls twice consecutively, and I have to keep opening … (続きを読む)

I continuously have a problem trying to get the location scroll bar to execute when I bookmark an item. It never scrolls twice consecutively, and I have to keep opening and closing the scroll to get it to function properly. I bookmark several news articles, stories, etc. every day, and I get kinda snarly after awhile. Any relevant help would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Open

Bookmarks Manager on Macbook Firefox

I am constantly building a default tabset of approx 10-15 tabs in my FF browser on my Macbook (in case something differs from FF on Windows. I have a default tabset saved… (続きを読む)

I am constantly building a default tabset of approx 10-15 tabs in my FF browser on my Macbook (in case something differs from FF on Windows.

I have a default tabset saved in my bookmarks. But when I add a new tab or rearrange their order and I go to save all tabs selected, is there a way to just over-write my current bookmark tabset? All I have been able to do is keep adding and "nesting" in my bookmarks which makes a mess - a dogs breakfast to the bookmarks manager set. Even when I select my bookmark default by name, it simply keeps the original and keeps "nesting" under it, which takes more time to babysit in cleaning it up.

Wish FF would spend more time on bookmarks and clean this up so I can simply "overwrite" rather than nesting and building a "tree of bookmarks"?

Open 1