Showing questions for topic:

Request for assistance with Firefox 157 TLS/SSLKEYLOGFILE warning

Hi Amazing Friends I am proud Mozillian from India. I served as Chair, Mozilla Reps Council twice in the past, good to connect you once again. I need your expert help on … (gụkwuo)

Hi Amazing Friends

I am proud Mozillian from India. I served as Chair, Mozilla Reps Council twice in the past, good to connect you once again.

I need your expert help on following.

One of my friend is facing an issue with the latest Firefox 157 browser. Firefox is displaying the following warning while accessing the Kotak Bank website

“Your connection may not be private. An app or service may see your encrypted traffic from this site.”

The Firefox explanation indicates that the issue is related to TLS Logging / SSLKEYLOGFILE being enabled.

She has Norton 360 anti-virus and suspecting that if the antivirus/security may be involved in inspecting encrypted HTTPS traffic.

We would particularly like to understand:

Why Firefox 157 is detecting TLS key logging on system, which application or service is setting/using SSLKEYLOGFILE, whether Norton 360 is enabling it, and whether there is a safe Firefox or Windows configuration change that can eliminate the warning without weakening HTTPS security.

We would appreciate the opportunity if some of you can help at your earliest convenience.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Shahid

Open

Firefox new today stopped from loading some of my own websites that are http.

Firefox new today stopped from loading some of my own websites that are http. Some http sites still work. Sends me to my hosting site https://www.forexample.org/login_up… (gụkwuo)

Firefox new today stopped from loading some of my own websites that are http. Some http sites still work. Sends me to my hosting site https://www.forexample.org/login_up.php Cleared all history and caches. No change. Turned off http to https. No change. Again, just started today with no other changes on my part.

Open 2

A site Firefox has classified as Not Secure and is limiting my abilities to save images from is interrupting my work.

I have been using the site codeskulptor.org for years. Creating images and saving them easily. Lately I have been getting a little shield with a red cross thru it up in t… (gụkwuo)

I have been using the site codeskulptor.org for years. Creating images and saving them easily. Lately I have been getting a little shield with a red cross thru it up in the front of the url bar for the page images i wish to save but am not able to as easily as before. I would like Mozilla to approve the pages i spin off as images in new tabs from codeskulptor.org.

Thank you, Ben Winsor

Open 1

Some websites dont work with DNS over HTTPS set to Cloudflare

Please see attached images that show my settings for DNS over HTTPS set to cloudflare (default) i have to add exceptions to this for multiple sites that do not open. thes… (gụkwuo)

Please see attached images that show my settings for DNS over HTTPS set to cloudflare (default) i have to add exceptions to this for multiple sites that do not open. these websites either show me SSL errors or they completely stop opening entirely. what could be the issue here? the websites open completely fine once i turn off this feature or use another browser.

Open 4

Suddenly this week all links from/for various sources have stopped working in Firefox: "Error Code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG"

Suddenly this week all links from/for various sources/websites have stopped working in Firefox: "Error Code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG". Links from common trusted sour… (gụkwuo)

Suddenly this week all links from/for various sources/websites have stopped working in Firefox: "Error Code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG".

Links from common trusted sources that I access regularly no longer work. All display the same error message seen above. So it seems like a change by Firefox and not the websites. New York Times Economist USAA Comcast

Recent Mozilla/Firefox Update installed & restarted

MacBook Air macOS 15.77 (24G720)

Open 1

Can't get onto national-lottery.co.uk site. Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP But am using latest Firefox (152.0.6)

Can't get onto national-lottery.co.uk site. Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP But am using latest Firefox (152.0.6) Solution in no-technical language please... … (gụkwuo)

Can't get onto national-lottery.co.uk site. Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP But am using latest Firefox (152.0.6) Solution in no-technical language please...

Open 4 10

How can I inspect a https zert with firefox 151.0.1 (64-bit)

I'm used to check certs with right click on icon beside the address. Also for own servers in my local LAN I need this. I know there is Let's Encrypt. But sometimes it's m… (gụkwuo)

I'm used to check certs with right click on icon beside the address. Also for own servers in my local LAN I need this. I know there is Let's Encrypt. But sometimes it's more easy to just have a self signed cert and verify it myself. Also I want to see, who signed a cert from www.snakeoil.com/insert_your_credetials.

Please help.

rundekugel

Solved 2 109

Firefox intermittently failing Cloudflare PQC X25519MLKEM768 test

Hello, I have been testing all browsers I use (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) on Cloudflare Post-Quantum Key Agreement to verify PQC support. They all support the X25519MLKEM768 … (gụkwuo)

Hello,

I have been testing all browsers I use (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) on Cloudflare Post-Quantum Key Agreement to verify PQC support. They all support the X25519MLKEM768 hybrid scheme (i.e. Cloudflare web page returns "You are using X25519MLKEM768 which is post-quantum secure").

The issue: When I run the test in Firefox multiple times by doing repeated hard refreshes (Ctrl+Shift+R), quite often the result is "You are using X25519 which is not post-quantum secure". Sometimes the very first run after opening Firefox gives the X25519 (failing) result. "Often" varies. Sometimes it's around 10 fails out of 50 tests, other times it's 1 out of 50. It seems random.

I have read that sometimes networking equipment or even ISPs can be the cause of PQC requests falling back to non-PQC due to the long keys in PQC, but I do not see this intermittent issue with Chrome or Edge on the same computer/network/ISP as Firefox. I have not seen a single failure so far on those two browsers. The only variable I am aware of is the web browser.

I also tried connecting to a cellular hotspot as well as disabling my Norton 360 firewall and the results are the same as above.

Looking for help to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Solved 6 90

SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

For the past few days almost every site I try to visit gets the error: Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to.... SSL received a record that e… (gụkwuo)

For the past few days almost every site I try to visit gets the error:

Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to.... SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

this has happened on and off in the past for one or two sites but usually fixes itself within a day or less but this time it's been days. I tried everything I've seen online: -Try without add ons, - I am using 'system settings' proxy, -Followed an 8-yr-old suggestion of switching security.tls.version.max from 4 to 3 -My AV doesn't have HTTPS scanning that I can disable -It doesn't allow me to toggle the 'enhanced tracking is on' in the address bar -I've tried adding a site as an exception to DNS over HTTPS and turning Enable DNS over HTTPS off

Nothing has helped. These are all sites I've used in the past. I am using Nightly v150 at the moment but obviously same situation with FF or R3dfox.

If anyone can suggest how to bypass this so I don't have to use Edge/Chrome/Supermium (which all display these sites without issue) I'd appreciate it so much!

(*I'm looking for help with THIS issue on a W7 laptop, not about whether I should upgrade the OS.)

Thanks.

Solved 6 100

I would like to understand how DNS over HTTPS impacts browsing speed and privacy in Firefox.

I would like to understand how DNS over HTTPS impacts browsing speed and privacy in Firefox. Details: Hello everyone, I am currently exploring Firefox privacy and network… (gụkwuo)

I would like to understand how DNS over HTTPS impacts browsing speed and privacy in Firefox.

Details: Hello everyone,

I am currently exploring Firefox privacy and network settings, especially DNS over HTTPS (DoH). I noticed that enabling this feature slightly changes website loading behavior on some networks.

I would like to ask:

Does DNS over HTTPS introduce additional latency? Are there performance differences between providers? Can corporate or public Wi-Fi networks interfere with DoH requests? Is there a recommended configuration for balancing privacy and performance?

I’m interested in both technical explanations and real-world experiences from Firefox users.

Thank you.

Open 2 30

lock exception button for dnsoverhttps.

Hi, I'm using a policie file to force a family-dns. Ive written the current code down below. Unfortunately this leaves the "manage exeption"-button open, where its possi… (gụkwuo)

Hi, I'm using a policie file to force a family-dns. Ive written the current code down below. Unfortunately this leaves the "manage exeption"-button open, where its possible to simply bypass the block for a specific site. Is there a way to lock this button in the policie file? Thank you very much. {

 "policies": {
   "DNSOverHTTPS": {
     "Enabled": true,
     "Locked": true,
     "ProviderURL": "https://doh16.jusprogdns.com/dns-query"
   },
   "Preferences": {
     "network.trr.mode": {
       "Value": 3,
       "Status": "locked"
     }
   }
 }

}

Open 1 30

when/why did mozilla quit putting https:// in the address bar?

Using FF 140.10.1 esr on a windows pc I noticed (probably long after the fact and numerous updates) that there's no longer https:// in the address bar. Having some recen… (gụkwuo)

Using FF 140.10.1 esr on a windows pc I noticed (probably long after the fact and numerous updates) that there's no longer https:// in the address bar. Having some recent issues with security made me look for this.

When I switched to Edge, the https:// was in the adddresses I was using. There is a lock symbol, but the locks seem to change in their appearance from one browser or website to the next.

Was this verification sign removed and, if so, why?  

Thank you.

Open 2 70

Request to enable X25519MLKEM768 on detectportal.firefox.com for improved privacy

Dear Mozilla Team, I kindly ask you to add support for the X25519MLKEM768 hybrid post-quantum key exchange to the domain detectportal.firefox.com (the URL used by Firefox… (gụkwuo)

Dear Mozilla Team,

I kindly ask you to add support for the X25519MLKEM768 hybrid post-quantum key exchange to the domain detectportal.firefox.com (the URL used by Firefox connection testing). This small change would significantly strengthen privacy protection for millions of users who rely on Firefox's connection test URL. As you know, this mechanism has already been successfully implemented on almost all of your other domains. Extending the same protection to detectportal.firefox.com would ensure consistency and close the remaining gap. Thank you very much for your ongoing work on privacy and post-quantum cryptography. I would greatly appreciate your attention to this request. Best regards, Anonymous

Open 2 80

Failed to create the PKCS 12 backup file for unknown reasons

Hello Folks, I just importeda a new certificate. Then I wanted to save all my certificates for backup. Selecting "Backup all...", I neter a secure password and click ok j… (gụkwuo)

Hello Folks, I just importeda a new certificate. Then I wanted to save all my certificates for backup. Selecting "Backup all...", I neter a secure password and click ok just to get the following error message: Failed to create the PKCS #12 backup file for unknown reasons the only button is "OK"

How can I start finding out what is going on and is there any means to save my certificates?

Echekwara 2 140