Showing questions for topic:

Requesting Changes To The Way Bookmarks Get Saved and Sorted in Firefox For Android

I'm a heavy bookmark user. I have numerous bookmark folders and numerous bookmarks within each folder. I love the way the desktop version (Firefox for Windows) allows f… (baca lebih lanjut)

I'm a heavy bookmark user. I have numerous bookmark folders and numerous bookmarks within each folder. I love the way the desktop version (Firefox for Windows) allows for easy sort and save for bookmarks. I absolutely hate the way Firefox for Android handles bookmarks. There is no way to sort and no way to choose a default save folder.

Awhile back a change was made to Firefox for Android. Before the change, saving all new bookmarks automatically saved them in the root Bookmarks folder where they were easy to grab and reassign to a particular folder. After the change, bookmarks now get saved in the last folder used.

This causes problems with later finding bookmarks when they were saved in a folder that wasn't expected and is especially troublesome when you have numerous bookmark folders. For example, I had been saving bookmarks in the root Bookmarks folder. Every once in awhile I go through that folder and move bookmarks I want to keep into other folders. Whichever folder I last moved a bookmark to now becomes the default save folder. The next time I save a bookmark it goes to that last used folder. If I don't remember which folder it was, now I have to search. Or I have to remember and be fast enough to hit "Edit" on the small pop up window that shows up after saving a bookmark.

But it gets worse. I recently went through my bookmarks and moved several from the root bookmarks folder into other folders. I later saved a bookmark and had to go find it in one of the sub folders. After finding it, I moved it back to the root Bookmarks folder. Let's call it "Bookmark A". Fast forward several weeks where all subsequent bookmarks were saved in the root Bookmarks folder as I desired. I then went through all my bookmarks and deleted those I no longer needed. This time I didn't move any of them. BUT, the last bookmark I deleted was "Bookmark A". The next time I saved a bookmark, it did not get saved in the root Bookmarks folder as I expected. I had to go find it again in the same sub folder where "Bookmark A" was originally saved. Apparently, when I deleted "Bookmark A", Firefox for Android somehow remembered the next most recently used folder. I hate this so much!

Can we get a setting to define a certain folder as the default folder for future saved bookmarks?

I don't understand the reason for the change in the first place. But, if there are plenty of users who want bookmarks automatically saved in the last used folder, then give everyone a setting to either choose that method or a default saved bookmark location.

I'd also like to see a drag and drop method to sort bookmarks as well as settings to sort by name, date, etc.

I'm running the latest version of Firefox for Android on a Samsung S25.

Diarsipkan 2 452

mobile bookmark issu

Hello. Good morning. Bookmark management in the mobile version is very strange. As far as I can tell, managing bookmarks in folders and subfolders is almost impossible an… (baca lebih lanjut)

Hello. Good morning. Bookmark management in the mobile version is very strange. As far as I can tell, managing bookmarks in folders and subfolders is almost impossible and unusable. Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us for so many years. I wish you to continue to be useful and cool for humanity.

Diarsipkan 1 333

Bookmarks

jodisylv Today at 12:30 AM The newest update 144.0.1 now has numbers next to bookmark folders. I don't need nor want this info. How do I disable this setting? … (baca lebih lanjut)

jodisylv Today at 12:30 AM

The newest update 144.0.1 now has numbers next to bookmark folders. I don't need nor want this info. How do I disable this setting?

Diarsipkan 4 301

Unable to select folder where to save bookmark. Worked in previous version.

Fix saving bookmarks like it a) was earlier. You select wanted folder from the list. b) alternatively, in settings where you can select folder where save bookmark always … (baca lebih lanjut)

Fix saving bookmarks like it a) was earlier. You select wanted folder from the list.

b) alternatively, in settings where you can select folder where save bookmark always saves (instead of last used, in windows, Linux, android...). This would be the best option.

Diarsipkan 2 210

144.0.1 Now there are numbers next to my bookmark folders

The newest update now has numbers next to my bookmark folders telling me how many bookmarks I have. I don't need nor want this info. How do I disable this setting? I hate… (baca lebih lanjut)

The newest update now has numbers next to my bookmark folders telling me how many bookmarks I have. I don't need nor want this info. How do I disable this setting?

I hate more clutter with updates.

Diarsipkan 3 200

Firefox Android 143.0. bookmaeks messed up again.

I foolishly upgraded to the latest Android mobile version. I like my bookmarks kept in the order I set them. Firefox, with the new version has decided they should be alph… (baca lebih lanjut)

I foolishly upgraded to the latest Android mobile version. I like my bookmarks kept in the order I set them. Firefox, with the new version has decided they should be alphabetical once again. I have turned off this annoying behaviour in previous versions by disabling Compose Bookmarks in the secret settings. This option is no longer visible. How do I get my bookmarks back in the order want and stop firedox from screwing them up again?

What is this obsession the development team have with screwing up user bookmark organisation? This keeps coming back like a bad penny.

Solved Diarsipkan 4 150

Cant bookmark webpages

All of a sudden I am getting an "Invalid URL" error when trying to bookmark a website on Firefox mobile. I have tried pages with different extensions (.com, .org, .tv). I… (baca lebih lanjut)

All of a sudden I am getting an "Invalid URL" error when trying to bookmark a website on Firefox mobile. I have tried pages with different extensions (.com, .org, .tv). I cleared the cache and restarted my phone. Did not work. I have the latest Firefox mobile 142.0.1 and a Samsung A25.

Solved Diarsipkan 5 252

Bookmarks and Collections

Android Collections feature needs work. 1. It's too easy to accidentally delete a bookmark from collections. Slight of hand and it's gone. Needs a confirm delete option.… (baca lebih lanjut)

Android Collections feature needs work. 1. It's too easy to accidentally delete a bookmark from collections. Slight of hand and it's gone. Needs a confirm delete option. 2. Can't order or edit bookmarks in collections.

Windows 11 There is a way to go to a utility to sort bookmarks, but utility does not translate the sorted order back to the browser menu making it useless.

I reported this once before. I got an arrogant response saying: I'm just a volunteer here I can't do this. I don't have a bugzilla account. I have no way to report these to developers.

Diarsipkan 1 221

Bookmark Management

I have a lot of bookmarks and lot means A LOT OF. When I add any bookmark to a specific folder, then the list becomes a mess. I can't find any folder easily where I want … (baca lebih lanjut)

I have a lot of bookmarks and lot means A LOT OF. When I add any bookmark to a specific folder, then the list becomes a mess. I can't find any folder easily where I want to add new bookmark. It's so inconvenient and time-consuming. So, I request you to please address this issue and improve the bookmark section. I'll be very thankful to you.

Thank you, Naveen.

Diarsipkan 4 230

Bug: Blank screen when editing a bookmark

Test steps Navigate to https://httpbin.org/anything/chunter/67d3af89f796929c470ad5cd%7Cchunter%3Aclass%3AChannel?message= Click ⋮/Bookmarks/Add Click Edit in a popup … (baca lebih lanjut)

Test steps

Expected result Bookmark editing dialog like for any other bookmark

Actual result Blank screen. Tried on multiple devices.

Firefox Nightly for Developers for Android 138.0a1 (Build #2016079719), hg-0bc4d1520de1+ GV: 138.0a1-20250317094831 AS: 138.20250311050358 and 138.0a1 (Build #2016080007), hg-42a230677167+ GV: 138.0a1-20250318213234 AS: 138.20250311050358


Reported as https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1955223

Solved Diarsipkan 1 321

bookmarks addin

Please upgrade bookmark management. It takes too many clicks to get to the list. Favorites are too few spots. Can't drag drop to order or swipe to delete. It's been … (baca lebih lanjut)

Please upgrade bookmark management. It takes too many clicks to get to the list. Favorites are too few spots. Can't drag drop to order or swipe to delete. It's been a decade or more folks.

Diarsipkan 3 131