I am a long time (decades) user of Firefox. I run Firefox on Macbook, Android, iPad, and Windows 10. One of the features I use a lot, is the sending of tabs from one devi… (baca lebih lanjut)
I am a long time (decades) user of Firefox. I run Firefox on Macbook, Android, iPad, and Windows 10. One of the features I use a lot, is the sending of tabs from one device to another. Mostly with the iPad being the target.
Recently, Firefox crashed on the iPad. Not a problem, I thought. Firefox has crashed before and machines running Firefox have crashed before. Firefox has always nicely restored tabs that were open at the time of the crash.
Not so after this crash on the iPad. Selecting the button to restore tabs did not restore anything. I quickly opened the tabs that were synchronised from the iPad on my Macbook. Firefox on the iPad had lost the way altogether. There were 3 entries in the synchronisation database for it now, two with identical name. Sending tabs to the ipad could only be done to the wrong name. Renaming the machine on the iPad did not result in corrections, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox on the iPad. This did not correct the issues, so I deleted the iPad Firefox devices (all for the same device) from the Macbook. That worked. After that I set up the proper name for the device on the iPad, and sync and sending tabs worked again.
The next problem was that web pages that worked before did not open in Firefox on the iPad any more. Some cookie settings pages worked alright. The cookie settings page for my newspaper did not work any more. No way at all to get to those settings. The pages for my newspaper also did not load to the end any more, making Firefox on the iPad quite useless for me. I have tried several things, including uninstalling and installing again, deleting all web content from within Firefox, restarting the iPad, … Nothing solves these problems.
What I noted during all these actions in Firefox on the iPad is that most of the time the Settings -> Data Management -> Web Site Data acttion kept showing a little thingy going round and round and round and round. I have only seen web site data there once.
Anyway, since it looks as if Firefox does not work any more on my iPad and is not restorable, it seems, I am now switching to Chrome. I find this very disappointing, as I really like (a working) Firefox as my browser. Nice features, good privacy, works everywhere (until recently). Not withstanding that, I do need a good, functional browser. So, for the moment I am switching to the Google Chrome browser. Because I use the sending of tabs between device very frequently, I am going to switch on all my devices.
I really hope to hear in the near future that the iPad issues for Firefox are fixed. Good chance that I will then switch back to Firefox.