Showing questions for topic:

Browser color changed, appears to have changed after a Windows 11 Update

The browser color changed. It appears to have changed after a Windows 11 Update. Now the top part is a light lavender color except that on the right side it gradually cha… (baca lebih lanjut)

The browser color changed. It appears to have changed after a Windows 11 Update. Now the top part is a light lavender color except that on the right side it gradually changes to a slight orange tint. The bar on the left is also a light lavender color. As I recall the borders were a gray color before. Why did the colors change and how can I get the color back that I want?

Thanks

Open 2

The Nova UI is a serious usability regression — please give users a choice

I'll be blunt...: the new Nova interface is impractical, uncomfortable to use, and I find it genuinely hard to stomach. On a touchscreen, hitting the right tab has become… (baca lebih lanjut)

I'll be blunt...: the new Nova interface is impractical, uncomfortable to use, and I find it genuinely hard to stomach. On a touchscreen, hitting the right tab has become a struggle. With a mouse it is no better — there are now dead grey zones where a click simply does nothing at all. This is not a matter of taste. This is a measurable usability regression, and it shipped to everyone by default. I am not alone in this. The same complaints are all over the forum, and my own students were furious when their terminals updated and everything suddenly turned round. These are people who use this browser for work every single day. For them the update brought nothing but lost time. We like Firefox. We want to keep using it. That is exactly why this is so infuriating: a browser we chose for its control and configurability is now imposing a design decision on us with no way out.

If nothing changes, we will solve it ourselves — with a patch that suppresses update notifications and adds a "Manual update" option to the settings, so that people have a CHOICE and can keep working in the good old rectangular Firefox UI instead of having someone's "brilliant" idea forced on them. I would much rather you simply gave us that choice yourselves.

Please restore a usable, compact, rectangular tab style as a supported option, and fix the dead click zones.

Respectfully, A concerned user

Open

absolutrly do not like this

Firefox logo Hello, You may notice Firefox Settings looks a little different. As part of the refreshed Firefox design, the Settings menu has been reorganized to make it e… (baca lebih lanjut)

Firefox logo

Hello,

You may notice Firefox Settings looks a little different. As part of the refreshed Firefox design, the Settings menu has been reorganized to make it easier to find and understand your options, including how you manage your data.


Your bookmarks, passwords, settings, and browsing data remain unchanged, and no action is needed on your part.


If you don’t see the updated Settings, go to Settings → About Firefox to check that you’re using the latest version of Firefox.

i  hate  the fact that   apps and companies just  make changes and do not ask  their customers   i like it   when  it first began .  i do realo ize you need to  change but   ask first tas ke a poll to see who wants and who does not
Open 1

How to revert to previous UI?

Ok this latest UI appearance change is absolute dog feces. I hate it so much! It's so ugly! How do I change it back? I did not consent for my eyeballs to be assaulted lik… (baca lebih lanjut)

Ok this latest UI appearance change is absolute dog feces. I hate it so much! It's so ugly! How do I change it back? I did not consent for my eyeballs to be assaulted like this. Did I mention it sucks? How do I change it back? 157.0.0.11

Solved 14 60 235

Private Browsing doesn't respect themes for window header and new tab page

So I just updated to the newest version of Firefox today as of 10-5-26. Except that the purple new tab screen and header for private browsing windows that I really quite … (baca lebih lanjut)

So I just updated to the newest version of Firefox today as of 10-5-26. Except that the purple new tab screen and header for private browsing windows that I really quite liked is not only gone, but the color that's replaced such is nearly black, making it not only much harder to see anything, but overall far worse to look at. Even worse, it doesn't change from such hardly at all regardless of theme, preventing me from correcting it.

I've attached a copy of the previous version of the new tab screen for private browsing that I managed to find for reference purposes, although such doesn't have the header included.

I would also like to take the time say that I've used Firefox for more than a decade, and I think because I haven't had an issue that's been remotely this bad to warrant creating an account to report such says something about how well Firefox has been working for me.

Open 2

Blurry text in tabs

Hello, Ever since the last Firefox update (on October 30th for me), the text on my inactive tabs has been painfully blurry (picture attached). I previously restored Firef… (baca lebih lanjut)

Hello,

Ever since the last Firefox update (on October 30th for me), the text on my inactive tabs has been painfully blurry (picture attached). I previously restored Firefox to default and seemed to have pinpointed a certain extension as the culprit, as well as a file within the profile named addonStartup.json.lz4. Deleting both seemed to have done the trick. However, my issue is now back, I can't find the previous file anywhere in the profile, deleting all the files in the profile that were created on the day when the problem reoccured doesn't fix it either. So I'm kind of at a loss. I have tried to set "gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.force_gdi_classic_for_families" to "Arial,Consolas,Courier New,Microsoft Sans Serif,Segoe UI,Tahoma,Trebuchet MS,Verdana" and "gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.force_gdi_classic_max_size" to 15 in about:config ; as this is an old fix I've seen for an older similar problem, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Open

Yeah I'm gonna need a another update to change the shape of the grouped tab icons- Also why no topic option for "Appearance"

You guys are doing really good. BUt I'm going to have to say- If it ain't broke don't fix it. Why change the shape of the grouped tabs icon??? Without having even a optio… (baca lebih lanjut)

You guys are doing really good. BUt I'm going to have to say- If it ain't broke don't fix it. Why change the shape of the grouped tabs icon??? Without having even a option to change it back or to something else entirely. Was there someone specifically asking for that appearance update? Can we as users have an option to not have that unpleasing, google-reminiscent* shape set for the grouped tabs? Please?

Open 2

Are there plans to reintroduce the gaps/islands part of the Nova redesign, perhaps as an option?

To be clear, I am talking about the gaps between UI elements that were present in early mockups as well as in initial versions of Nova before it was enabled by default in… (baca lebih lanjut)

To be clear, I am talking about the gaps between UI elements that were present in early mockups as well as in initial versions of Nova before it was enabled by default in 157. I understand they were a controversial design element with many users disliking them for a variety of reasons (preferences, space utilization, ...) but in my view they were really one of the things that made Nova click and I was disappointed when they were axed before the final release.

My question is whether the Firefox team has made a final decision to remove them permanently and completely, or if there is ongoing discussion/work around reintroducing them, perhaps as something that can be enabled or disabled depending on each individual user's preference?

Open 1

Firefox 157: Nova interface, how do I revert back to the previous gui?

Regarding FF v157: - Mozilla have changed the Graphical user interface of Firefox without asking for consent or providing a clear way to revert back to the old interface,… (baca lebih lanjut)

Regarding FF v157:

- Mozilla have changed the Graphical user interface of Firefox without asking for consent or providing a clear way to revert back to the old interface, yet again. - They have made changes to the settings, so pre-installed search engines can only be toggled off and NOT removed... - There are a bunch of themes now pre-installed that can't be removed.

I think pushing a change without over way to revert, is why I a lot of people don't donate to the Mozilla foundation

Solved 15 47 357

how to use a custom image in a firefox shortcut

Hi, I have a shortcut which comes up with a blank icon. I've tried Google help to use a custom picture, but nothing worked. The complication is that my shortcut does not … (baca lebih lanjut)

Hi, I have a shortcut which comes up with a blank icon. I've tried Google help to use a custom picture, but nothing worked. The complication is that my shortcut does not go to Xerox, it goes to their pension provider who has a different name. The shortcut works fine but it would be nice if I didn't have a blank icon.

Solved 6

how to use a custom image in a firefox shortcut

One of my shortcuts has no picture. The instructions for a custom picture ask for an URL. I have a picture on my file, but no url. What can I do? I have already asked thi… (baca lebih lanjut)

One of my shortcuts has no picture. The instructions for a custom picture ask for an URL. I have a picture on my file, but no url. What can I do? I have already asked this question before but have not got an answer yet.

Open 1

Как убрать закруглённые края у элементов интерфейса?

После последнего обновления вкладки, строка браузера, окно загрузок и некоторые кнопки стали иметь закругленные края. Как вернуть старые? Либо полностью квадратные, либо … (baca lebih lanjut)

После последнего обновления вкладки, строка браузера, окно загрузок и некоторые кнопки стали иметь закругленные края. Как вернуть старые? Либо полностью квадратные, либо с небольшим радиусом закругления. Текущий слишком "круглый".

Open

Search bar somehow on dark mode?

I'm new to Firefox. I have everything set to light mode, which I am new to as well. When I open a new tab, the search bar at the top of the page is white like I want it; … (baca lebih lanjut)

I'm new to Firefox. I have everything set to light mode, which I am new to as well. When I open a new tab, the search bar at the top of the page is white like I want it; however, the search bar in the middle of the page is black no matter what I try to do. Any way to fix this? Both bars are set to the same search engine... I have a custom theme set but when I switch it to one of the default themes, the search bar is still black.

Open 2

Restore classic styling

Is there a theme or some other way to restore the classic styling instead of having these pills everywhere? This UX doesn't even make sense...tabs used to connect to the … (baca lebih lanjut)

Is there a theme or some other way to restore the classic styling instead of having these pills everywhere? This UX doesn't even make sense...tabs used to connect to the page content they were displaying, now it's just some disconnected oval; I have trouble seeing which tab is selected now because it's all various shades of grey that are about half a bit of luminosity away from each other...looking for suggestions on the best way to restore some sanity to this UI...

Open 11 3

search bar is displayed in the middle of each page (in all tabs)

I installed portable Version 156.0.1 (64-bit). Since then, the search bar is displayed in the middle of each page instead of the menu bar. Is this a known bug? see image … (baca lebih lanjut)

I installed portable Version 156.0.1 (64-bit). Since then, the search bar is displayed in the middle of each page instead of the menu bar. Is this a known bug? see image thanks

Solved 8