Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Támogatás keresése

Kerülje el a támogatási csalásokat. Sosem kérjük arra, hogy hívjon fel egy telefonszámot vagy osszon meg személyes információkat. Jelentse a gyanús tevékenységeket a „Visszaélés bejelentése” lehetőséggel.

További tudnivalók
A témacsoportot lezárták és archiválták. Tegyen fel új kérdést, ha segítségre van szüksége.
Megoldva Archivált

How to stop Firefox from asking me to update passwords that haven't changed?

modhatter

I use the saved passwords feature. When I change my passwords, Firefox asks if I want to update the saved password. This is useful and I wish to keep this feature.

However, within the past few days I'd say, Firefox started asking if I wanted to update passwords that have NOT changed. The username and password are the same as they were a week ago, and have been the same all week, yet every time I use them, Firefox asks if I want to update the password. It is really irritating, and raises security questions.

I use the saved passwords feature. When I change my passwords, Firefox asks if I want to update the saved password. This is useful and I wish to keep this feature. However, within the past few days I'd say, Firefox started asking if I wanted to update passwords that have NOT changed. The username and password are the same as they were a week ago, and have been the same all week, yet every time I use them, Firefox asks if I want to update the password. It is really irritating, and raises security questions.

Összes válasz (3)

Kiválasztott megoldás

Hi modhatter, That does sound undesirable. I understand that the password manager is asking you to update passwords when it has already been stored.

In order to further investigate please try the following:

  1. In the "Show Passwords" of the Preferences menu, are there more than one entry stored for a site that this happens on?
  2. Is this feature in about:preferences#security
[ ] remember logins for sites 

marked?

Places Maintenance {web link} Allows to run Maintenance tasks on the database that drives Places, the bookmarks and history module behind Firefox.

Open the Add-ons Manager. Locate the add-on and press the Options button. Select All of the tests. Then press Execute on the bottom.

guigs, that appears to have solved things. I did in fact have an old user name and password on the site I most often encountered this problem on. When I deleted the old user name, the prompt stopped appearing.