Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
Archived

Will smartphones with Firefox OS be rooted?

sebelk

I wish smartphones with Firefox OS had root rights enabled. I have no time to find the way of root the device as it happens nowadays with Android.

What will be the FirefoxOS policy about it?

Thanks in advance!

I wish smartphones with Firefox OS had root rights enabled. I have no time to find the way of root the device as it happens nowadays with Android. What will be the FirefoxOS policy about it? Thanks in advance!

כל התגובות (2)

If I can recall correctly, we do not allow rooting. Unfortunately, if you do root, support to you will be limited, warranty is voided and that you are doing it at your own risk. Unfortunately, this is what I think is the policy but I will contact somebody to clarify for you. Thank you!

for an open phone you can opt for the models offered by geeksphone which are branded as developer devices and should be easy to play around with: http://shop.geeksphone.com/en/