Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
Archived

How can I prevent a user accessing the Library pop-up (Ctrl+Shift+o)

Ian Hogan

I am using Firefox as a multi-tab courseware viewer but need to block the user bringing up the Library page as then the user can see the courseware URL's - I am running it on AWS AppStream and can lock most features down., but this one eludes me - there seems to be no policy to block it. I have tried intercepting keystrokes at the GNOME level and autoconfig javascript to block keys. Is there a way to do this please? Blessings, Ian

I am using Firefox as a multi-tab courseware viewer but need to block the user bringing up the Library page as then the user can see the courseware URL's - I am running it on AWS AppStream and can lock most features down., but this one eludes me - there seems to be no policy to block it. I have tried intercepting keystrokes at the GNOME level and autoconfig javascript to block keys. Is there a way to do this please? Blessings, Ian

כל התגובות (5)

You can change or even clear it on about:keyboard.

Can I do this programmatically? Where do the settings get stored please?

Use this in your autoconfig (firefox.cfg): // Block Library page (Ctrl+Shift+O) Services.obs.addObserver((win) => {

 if (win.location.href.includes("places.xhtml")) win.close();

}, "domwindowopened", false); That’s the most reliable way on AppStream. If you want it even stronger, also hide the menu item with userChrome.css and globally block the hotkey at GNOME level. This should do it.

In the end I did this by:

  • Added an event listener in an extension with the code:


// =========================================================================
 // 1. KEYBOARD LOCKDOWN
 // =========================================================================
 const ALLOWED_KEYS = [
   // New contexts
   { key: "f",   ctrl: true,                description: "Find" },
   { key: "r",   ctrl: true,                description: "Reload" }
 ];
 
 window.addEventListener("keydown", function (e) {
   for (const rule of ALLOWED_KEYS) {
     if (
       e.key        === rule.key       &&
       !!rule.ctrl  === e.ctrlKey      &&
       !!rule.shift === e.shiftKey     &&
       !!rule.alt   === e.altKey       &&
       !!rule.meta  === e.metaKey
     ) {
       return;
     }
   }
   
   if (e.ctrlKey || e.altKey) {
     e.preventDefault();
     e.stopImmediatePropagation();
     e.stopPropagation();
     return false;
   }
 }, true);


  • Added to my userChrome.css:


/* Hide the Library Window Content (Bookmarks/History Manager) */ window#placesContext, window#places {

   display: none !important;
   visibility: hidden !important;

}

I'm investigating making some aspect of about:keyboard available to policy.

I'd love to talk more about what you're doing though.

Would you mind reaching out directly?

mkaply at mozilla.com