Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
נפתרה Archived

File no longer there

julissa_ann

Everytime I download a pdf and open it with firefox, the file goes missing afterwards. Now the files no longer available for download and the pdf I downloaded suddenly went missing

Everytime I download a pdf and open it with firefox, the file goes missing afterwards. Now the files no longer available for download and the pdf I downloaded suddenly went missing

כל התגובות (1)

פתרון נבחר

Is this problem on Android or on a desktop version of Firefox? I'm guessing it's Windows, MacOS, or Linux?

Firefox on desktop can do a few different things when retrieving a PDF:

(1) Open it directly into the PDF viewer without asking questions.

Firefox saves the PDF in the web cache, which isn't directly accessible to you. Use the Download button in the PDF viewer in this case to save the file to a more convenient location.

(2) Show a Download dialog with 3 choices

Here you can choose to open the PDF in Firefox or in an outside application. In either of those cases, Firefox saves the PDF in the system Temp folder. This folder is subject to getting cleared.

Alternately, you can instruct Firefox to Save the file. This file is saved in your designated Downloads folder or if you set Firefox to let you choose where to save, wherever you chose.