Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
Archived

Firefox 60.0 downloading files smaller than 10MB.

najan45

Hi everyone.

I've noticed that FF Quantum download files smaller than 10MB in "background". What I mean is when I download <10MB file, FF first download it in background & then ask for folder/filename to save file ( bad behaviour ).

When I download file >10MB, FF first ask for folder/filename to save & then downloads file ( correct behaviour ).

At first I thought it may be some installed add-on, but I started FF with add-ons disabled completely & bad behaviour remained.

So My question is, is there a way to change how FF download file smaller than 10MB?

Hi everyone. I've noticed that FF Quantum download files smaller than 10MB in "background". What I mean is when I download <10MB file, FF first download it in background & then ask for folder/filename to save file ( bad behaviour ). When I download file >10MB, FF first ask for folder/filename to save & then downloads file ( correct behaviour ). At first I thought it may be some installed add-on, but I started FF with add-ons disabled completely & bad behaviour remained. So My question is, is there a way to change how FF download file smaller than 10MB?

כל התגובות (1)

I haven't noticed a change. For me, even 600MB zip files first start getting saved in my temp folder (with a .part extension) as Firefox waits for me to specify Open or Save.

I don't think it's possible to change this behavior using any built-in settings.