Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

חיפוש בתמיכה

יש להימנע מהונאות תמיכה. לעולם לא נבקש ממך להתקשר או לשלוח הודעת טקסט למספר טלפון או לשתף מידע אישי. נא לדווח על כל פעילות חשודה באמצעות האפשרות ״דיווח על שימוש לרעה״.

מידע נוסף
Archived

How do I add DuckDuckGo or Startpage as a search choice and make it the default?

southern-boy

Can someone tell me how to add Startpage.com and DuckDuckGo to the Thunderbird search engine list and make one of them the default? I see an addon for Google but no information as to adding anything not already listed.

Can someone tell me how to add Startpage.com and DuckDuckGo to the Thunderbird search engine list and make one of them the default? I see an addon for Google but no information as to adding anything not already listed.

כל התגובות (1)

There is help on the 'net that tells you to download and install an xml file. You were supposed to put it into a folder in your profile named searchplugins. I belive this is what was referred to as opensearch.

AFAIK this stopped working a few versions back. A workaround to to use the Google Search add-on which provides its own searchplugins folder, preloaded, naturally, with a google.xml file. You can add duckduckgo's xml file to this folder.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/google-search-for-thunderbi/

I have used startpage.com but I don't recall if they offered a ready-to-use xml file. I'd suggest you check startpage's help on their website.